Week of October 12th - 16th
PRESENTED BY ASB PRESIDENT
Designating the Month of October 2020, as Character Education Month
You Asked & We Delivered Meet Your Spanish Teacher Mrs. Bade
- Where did you grow up? How long have you been teaching? I GREW UP IN BIG BEAR AREA, IN THE MOUNTAINS. I LIVED IN JAPAN DURING THE VIET NAM WAR, BECAUSE MY DAD WAS A PILOT IN THE USAF. HE STILL FLIES NOW, HAS HIS OWN PLANE. MY BROTHER HAS A PLANE, TOO. WE ARE THE CLOSEST LIVING RELATIVES TO THE WRIGHT BROTHERS. WE LIKE FLYING. I HAVE BEEN TEACHING FOR 35 YEARS.
- What is one piece of advice that you would give to your students? NUMBER ONE RULE IS LIFE SHOULD BE FUN. WHATEVER'S HAPPENING IN YOUR LIFE THAT KEEPS IT FROM BEING FUN YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT IF YOU CAN. IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT, GET THROUGH IT QUICKLY, AND DO YOUR BEST. SAVE MOST OF YOUR TIME FOR FUN.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? BIGGEST PET PEEVE IS WHEN PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS. WE ARE ALL THE SAME, AND LIFE IS SHORT. EVERYONE DESERVES TO HAVE A GOOD, FUN LIFE. IF WE ALL WORK AT GETTING ALONG WITH EACH OTHER WE WILL DO BETTER AS A COMMUNITY, AS A NATION , AS A UNIFIED WORLD. COLOR OF SKIN, NATIONALITY SHOULD NOT MATTER AT ALL. LET'S FIND OUT WHAT WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON.
- If, you could be an animal for one day what animal would you be? I WOULD BE A DOLPHIN OR A WOLF, BECAUSE THEY ARE SMART, AND THEY STAY IN THEIR PODS AND PACKS. I WANT TO BE SMART, AND SURROUNDED BY MY LOVED ONES.
- If, you were in charge of planning a concert for the school, which three artists/bands would you have play? I WOULD GET CARLOS SANTANA TO COME, AND I WOULD LET HIM DECIDE WHO TO PLAY WITH. SANTANA IS CLASSIC, AND HE IS VERY CREATIVE. HE WOULD CHOOSE SOME FAMOUS LOCALS LIKE "TIGRES DEL NORTE" OR "LOS LOBOS" TO PLAY WITH, AND THE CONCERT WOULD BE AN EPIC EVENT. OUR SCHOOL WOULD BECOME WORLD-WIDE FAMOUS FROM THIS CRAZY CONCERT. WISH WE COULD REALLY DO IT.
There you have it Crusaders! Who do you want to learn more about next? Email your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations Crusaders of the Month
7th grader Jewel Lasig
Jewel Lasig demonstrates enthusiastic energy, dedication to learn, meet standards at her highest goal oriented achievement levels.
8th grader Mayra Mercado
Mayra Mercado is the epitome of a model student that understands the importance of earning good grades, preparation for higher education, seeking knowledge, doing the right thing humble/quiet confidence, leader by example, best effort with independent class work, holding herself accountable by asking clarifying questions in Distance Learning class platforms in order to receive consistent Assessment scores.
Please stop by the Main Office at the end of the week to pick up your certificate and BVM swag.
Disney Spirit Day Photos
ALWAYS FIND YOURSELF RUNNING LATE TO LOGIN INTO YOUR NEXT CLASS....
Tip For Getting Logged Into Class On Time
Monday, Oct. 12th, 8:45am
This is an online event.
Are you constantly finding yourself logging into your class late. Without the help help school bells it can be easy to lose track of the time. Here is a helpful tip that can prevent consistent tardiness and loss of important academic content.
Using your district issued IPad or any other device set an alarm 5-10 minutes before each class period. Setting an alarm provides a friendly reminder that class is about to begin.
FOR EXAMPLE MONDAY-THURSDAY 8:55AM/10:35AM/12:55PM