Foussat Weekly Happenings
Friday, October 1, 2021
Good Evening Foussat Families,
Happy October 1st! We are in the midst of yet another few warm days here in sunny California, but now that October is here we can look forward to a some cooler days. My family and I lived in Washington state for a while and even though I still miss the amazing fall colors, I so appreciate our wonderful weather here on the coast. October is also the beginning of some special days that we all look forward to such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and before we know it, Christmas! The news and updates for this week:
- Our first School Site Council meeting was held this past Thursday. All of our SSC meetings will be posted on our school website and everyone is welcome to attend, all meetings will be held via Zoom.
- Parent conferences are scheduled from October 8 to October 15. Make sure that you have confirmed your Zoom meeting time with your child's teacher.
- Most of our students are now taking their devices back and forth between home and school which allows them to use some of online learning platforms that teachers are using this year. Please make sure that students are being careful with their devices at all times. Something to make note of is that kinder students will keep their same devices until the end of second grade. Third grade students will keep their same devices until the end of 5th grade. Since students will be responsible and use the same device for several years it is another another reason to treat devices with a lot of TLC!
- Be on the lookout soon for information on how to join our PTA. We need everyone to join and help support all that we do for our students throughout the year!
- Be sure to check out https://storylineonline.net/ to listen to some great children's books. You will recognize many of the actors that are reading the books - the newest one is "How I Met My Monster" read by Amanda Noll, who is well known as the voice of Homer Simpson. We've listened to this story many times at our home and we love it each time. Listening to these books is another great way to spend some time as a family!
- Looking ahead, October 19 will be a minimum day for all Kinder - 5th grade teachers. Teachers will be participating in onsite professional development. Wednesday will be the regular early dismissal.
That's all for now, have a great weekend, stay safe and don't forget to spend some time reading as a family and tell your children how much you love and appreciate them!