Cerro Villa Vikings News
August 27th - September 2nd: Weekly Publication
Cerro Villa Highlights - Great things Happening at CV!
"Win the Day" at Cerro Villa
Here are a few ways to "Win the Day"
- "Flip the Script" on struggles/challenges and make them successes!
- Follow "Kaizen" - strive for continuous improvement each day!
- "Be Kind" - smile, say hello, look out for your fellow vikings! Remember - everyone is going through a battle we may not know.. Be Kind Always!
Cerro Villa Announcements
Wellness Week @ CV
MONDAY - Mental Wellness
- Learn about CV's Wellness Center
- Who is your counselor?
- What does "ACT" stand for?
- "Calming Corner" strategies
Tuesday - Physical Wellness
- Learn ways to stretch while in class/studying
Wednesday - Wellness Wednesday
- Announcements only
Thursday - Social Wellness
- Being aware of your surroundings
Friday - Emotional Wellness
- Wrap up of Wellness Week
Homework Help Available
Spirit / Club Shirts allowed throughout the week
Get involved..Stay engaged!!
- The City of Villa Park recently refurbished Serrano Ave. In doing so, the crosswalk at Dodson Way was removed. To keep the flow of traffic moving, this crosswalk will not be replaced.
- Students MUST cross at the Serrano Ave curve crosswalk OR Serrano/Featherhill Dr. crosswalk
- We understand this will cause an inconvenience in picking-up your child, BUT safety to all students and families is TOP PRIORITY.
- PLEASE DO NOT have your child cross Serrano in the middle of the flow of traffic
- Students are not allowed to sale any type of food or beverages to other students. Please communicate with your child to NOT purchase food or beverages from their peers.
Leadership / Activities Announcements
Club Rush - Thursday
Check out the list of possible Clubs students can choose from:
*Additional Clubs may be available
CV Athletic News / Events
- Girls Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, 8/29; and Wednesday 8/30 from 3:00-4:15
- Boys Tryouts will be held Monday, 8/28 from 3:00-4:15
GAMES BEGIN SEPTEMBER 11TH
https://www.cvpfso.org/ - visit the PFSO website to learn about all the opportunities to get involved.
What is the PFSO?
The Cerro Villa Parent Faculty Student Organization (PFSO) is a non-profit organization that assists the faculty and staff in enhancing the education experiences of our children.
The PFSO assists with many programs around the school, including dances, Student of the Month, Honor Society, and the 8th Grade Promotion Party. Without your support, these events would not be possible. Most importantly, the PFSO also supports the faculty and staff at Cerro Villa in acquiring items they need for their classrooms in order to enhance our children’s educational experiences.
PFSO Board Members
- President - Jason Forgash
- President Elect - Joy Nguyen
- 1st VP Membership - Erin Flynn & Megan Artherton
- 2nd VP Ways & Means - Michelle Tao & Kathleen Lim-Valle
- 3rd VP Programs - Jim Aichelman
- Secretary - Beth Brunett
- Treasurer - Michelle Tao
- Parliamentarian - Michele Norman
- Auditor - Wendy McGrane
- Dances - VOLUNTEER TODAY!
- Health & Safety - Shelly Johnson (8th) & VOLUNTEER TODAY!
- Honors Society Dance - VOLUNTEER TODAY!
- Fireworks - VOLUNTEER TODAY!
- Legislative Coalition Rep - Beth Brunett
- Staff Appreciation - Megan Artherton (7th) &
- Student of the Month - Kelli Takach
- Webmaster & Social Media - Beth Brunett (8th) & VOLUNTEER TODAY!
- 8th Grade Promotion - VOLUNTEER TODAY
Next PFSO meeting..
Tuesday, September 19th
8:30am in the CVMS Library
Our PFSO meetings are held on the THIRD TUESDAY of every month at 8:30 a.m. in the CVMS Library.
We hope to see you there!
Meeting Minutes are posted promptly for those who are unable to attend.
September 4th: Labor Day - Holiday
September 7th: Middle School 101 for 7th Grade Parents - 5:30
September 7th: Back to School Night, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
September 8th: Minimum Day
September 19th: PFSO meeting and Coffee with Counselor, 830 am
September 21st: ELAC meeting, 8:15 am
Parent / Orange Unified Information
Connect with OUSD
We invite you to take a moment to follow Orange Unified on social media to receive the district’s latest news and announcements. Social media may also be a critical line of communication during emergencies and will be an excellent place for you to get up-to-date information: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
You can also check out videos featuring programs throughout the District, Board Meetings, school highlights, Measure S progress, graduation ceremonies, and more on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/OrangeUnifiedCA
New for this school year is the OUSD App, which is available for download in the Apple App and Google Play stores. Free for our families, the app allows users to see District-level news and events as well as customize their experience by selecting their school(s) of choice to follow to receive news and calendar information directly to their phones.
Orange Street Fair 2023 - OUSD Booth
Come out Friday - Sunday to the International Street Fair in the City of Orange! Stop by Orange Unifieds booth!!
Mr. Jones and Ms. Fernandez will be working the booth 10am - 1pm on Saturday, Come say Hi!