HR News & Updates
BBSI: A Human Resource Management Company
LUNCH & LEARN - SICK LEAVE POLICIES & SAMPLES
Wednesday, Feb. 24th, 12-1pm
522 Southeast Washington Avenue
Bring your own lunch, your current policies, & questions. Get ready to learn and share ideas. BBSI will host the FREE one hour sessions where we will be providing SAMPLE SICK LEAVE POLICIES and any help you may need.
FLSA & Sick Leave Law Updates
Friday, Feb. 12th, 8:15-11:15am
2371 Northeast Stephens Street
What does Alcoholism mean when it comes to the workplace?
TOP 10 EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK UPDATES FOR 2016
2. Social Media and Data Privacy
3. Reasonable Accommodations
5. Wages and Payroll
6. State Specific Laws
7. Leave Benefits
9. Smoking and Marijuana Use
10. LGBT Rights
Don't Miss Out! Get your Booth for 2016 OEC DOUGLAS CAREER EXPO in March.
Friday, March 4 is Employee Appreciation Day!
Employee Appreciation Day is a non-official day and there's no real authority on what needs to be done, but if you're a boss and want to show your team just how much you appreciate them, you could try out some of these ideas:
- Treat your staff to breakfast, lunch or snacks.
- Host an office party or an after-work get-together for your staff.
- Give workers some of the day off.
- Organize an outdoor team building exercise, like a tug-of-war or an fun office quiz.
- Take fun pictures and post them on the company social media pages to show the world just how much you care!
Good people are hard to find
Known in the US as the "Guru of Thank You", Dr. Bob Nelson, a founding member of the Recognition Professionals International (RPI) (previously NAER- National Association for Employee Recognition), had the honor of kick starting the first Employee Appreciation Day in 1995.
Training new staff is costly, and employers use all manners of techniques to boost worker morale and help retain employees and their valuable expertise. Employee Recognition is a large industry in its own right, and there are university studies dedicated to organizational behavior all over the world.
BBSI of Roseburg
Please call Leanne directly @ 541.440.3081
or Ammie @ 541.440.3077