Dear Field Families...
Helpful hint to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade parents coming to distribution tomorrow: Parking on the side teacher lot/PazNaz is the closest to the start of the distribution line.
Also, we are still waiting on an update on textbook/material shipment to Field. I am working on a plan to make sure all students will have ALL the materials as soon as possible.
As students are receiving their materials, I want to clarify which materials can and cannot be written on.
Students may write on/in consumables:
- Math Workbooks
- MeiZhou Workbooks and Textbooks
- Better Chinese/Better Immersion Workbooks and Vocab Textbooks
- Social Studies Interactive Workbook
Student may not write in/on:
- Social Studies Textbook
Lastly, I want to clarify something that may have confused some parents. I have been using the term "Smore" in some responses to parents. "Smore" is the name of the app that I use to create these emails. I apologize for the confusion!
Please read the following two new updates. The rest are reminders from prior emails.
Tips for slow and lagging Chromebooks:
1. Click on this link or download the PDF below to find directions on how to powerwash your Chromebook.
2. Check to see you Chromebook is up to date:
- Log into Chromebook
- Go to Settings (Bottom right hand corner)
- Click ABOUT CHROME OS
- Click CHECK FOR UPDATES
Message from Mr. Bagby about Shade Canopies and Solar Arrays
Logging onto Chromebook
Kinder students received a QR code in their bag that can be scanned from the log-in screen. Click SCAN QR CODE on the log-in screen.
Returning 1st and 2nd grade students can use their old QR code. If lost, please contact your homeroom teacher. Meanwhile, you can utilize the following information to log on:
- DEFAULT USERNAME/EMAIL:
[1st char of last name capitalized, 2nd char of last name lowercase] + [Last 4 digits of student ID] + [1st char of first name capitalized, 2nd char of first name lowercase] + [2 digit birth month] + [2 digit birth day] Example: Henry Monroy (born 08/19/2001) = Mo1234He0819@pusd.us
- DEFAULT PASSWORD:
[First letter of first name capitalized] + [First letter of last name lowercase] + [6 digit student ID]
Example: Eliud Garnica (student ID 991234) = Eg991234
If you are a new student to PUSD, you can utilize the information above to log on as well.
If you are a returning student and cannot log in, you will need to reset your password. Contact Ms. Carol or Ms. Amanda to assist.
Food Services Curbside
This program will be solely for the pick-up of meals and meals will not be consumed on site. This year all the PUSD schools qualify for the Community Eligibility Program (CEP) which means all students eat at “No Charge” for their meals! Our Food & Nutrition Services has gone paperless, so all the menus can be found at pusd.us or on the menu boards at each curbside pick-up.
Families can also pick-up all the meals they need at any school site. Meaning if a family has multiple children at multiple school sites, they only need to stop at one school curbside of their choice and pick up all the meals they need. It is the goal of the Food and Nutrition Department to make meals as accessible as possible for families. During this time, food is the last thing our families need to worry about.
PUSD will be providing direct support to families and students experiencing technology issues that interfere with their ability to access online instruction. To submit a ticket for support, request repairs, or to request a hotspot please visit gopusd.com/helpdesk. Our District’s helpdesk team can also assist you by email or telephone if you are unable to access the ticket system. You can reach them at (626) 396-3699 or email@example.com. Here is a video on how to submit a ticket.
Schedules (Click on picture below.)
From Family and Engagement
- Parent University: "How to" Tech Assistance Videos. Please visit the Family Engagement Canvas Page to access videos. Spanish videos coming soon.
- Virtual Parent University Workshop: Giving Student Assessments at Home, Grades K-2 - Discovering Unfinished Learning Using i-Ready. Presented by Curriculum Associates, Wednesday, August 19, 6:00 pm. For details and to participate, please visit the Family Engagement Canvas Page
- Virtual Parent University Workshop: Giving Student Assessments at Home, Grades 3-5 - Discovering Unfinished Learning Using i-Ready. Presented by Curriculum Associates, Thursday, August 20, 6:00 pm. For details and to participate, please visit the Family Engagement Canvas Page
From PUSD Technology Services (ITS):
- For information on Parent Portal, please visit https://www.pusd.us/Page/6203
- For a Parent Portal demo video clip, please visit our "How To" Tech Videos Canvas Page Go to the bottom of page and click on Parent Portal Account - Set Up Demo
- For quick steps on creating a Parent Portal account, please visit https://www.pusd.us/Page/8650
- Due to school closures, alternate procedures are temporarily in place for verifying a parent. when getting started with a new Parent Portal account, or linking additional students to an existing account. For instructions, please click HERE
- To reset your Parent Portal password, please visit https://www.pusd.us/Page/7867
- For help, call PUSD Innovative Technology Services (ITS) Helpdesk at 626-396-3699
- Student Chromebooks: For technical support, troubleshooting and repairs, students can submit a ticket at http://www.gopusd.com/helpdesk
- Please review PUSD 2020-21 School Opening Guide for more information on Technology