November 29, 2020
From the Principal
Based on the guidance provided by the Marion County Public Health Department and the challenges presented due to COVID-19, Raymond Park IMS and all MSD Warren Township schools will continue VIRTUAL instruction on Monday, November 30, 2020 and will extend through Friday, January 15, 2021. For our 5th and 6th grade Ranger students that were virtual prior to the virtual order, there will be no change in the way school operates. All other Ranger students should examine the following information closely:
I want to emphasize the importance of students staying engaged with their learning each and every school day! Though the pandemic may have shut the schoolhouse doors, school must go on. We will persevere Covid-19, and student futures depend on us continuing to teach and learn through these times.
1. On live instruction days (formally in-person days), students will engage in synchronous learning, meaning students will participate in classes during their regular scheduled times. Students will participate in each class of their class periods in live instruction via Zoom virtual conferencing. Zoom links may be found on class Canvas pages. Attendance on live instruction days will be taken by teachers based on Zoom participation.
2. On application days, students will complete learning assignments that are posted on Canvas class pages. The completion of application day learning will reinforce live instruction and help the teacher see potential gaps in learning that can be addressed. Attendance on application days will be self-reported by students via a link on Canvas.
Live instruction days and application days will continue to occur based on the black and gold schedule calendar posted below this letter.
To support our students and families, the we have created a Transition to VIRTUAL resources webpage, https://www.warren.k12.in.us/o/msd-of-warren-township/page/resources-for-transition-to-virtual. This page will be a centralized resource for information needed for a successful transition. If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact the school at 317.532.8900. Raymond Park offices will remain open and staffed during the VIRTUAL window.
The district has also created a Warren Township Family and Caregivers Resource Page that can assist in accessing learning platforms and monitoring students. Guides in navigating Canvas and ParentVue are popular items within this resource.
2nd quarter progress report grades are now available. Parents can access their child’s 2nd quarter progress report by logging into ParentVue. Click on the Report Card icon on the lower left hand side. When you click on the report card icon, you will be able to see their posted grade. If you would like to see more details about each grade for students in 5-12, click on the Grade Book icon on the left hand side. Please make sure you are looking at the second grading period. Be mindful that less that 3 weeks remain in this grading period. Students must work hard to complete any unfinished assignments that may be pulling down midterm grades. If you have any questions, you can contact your child’s teacher.
MSD Warren is partnering with our food service vendor, Chartwells to provide meals to all students. Food distribution days will be Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:00 - 6:00 PM at Warren Central High School, Creston, Raymond Park, and Stonybrook Intermediate Middle Schools, and Moorhead Community Resource Center. Tuesday distributions will consist of 4 breakfast meals, 4 lunch meals, and 3 supper meals. Friday distributions will consist of 3 breakfast meals, 3 lunch meals, and 2 supper meals. Menus can be found on our website under Food Service and linked to this email. https://warren.nutrislice.com/menus-eula.
2020 continues to be a year of unprecedented events. We are entering a holiday season within which students will be taught virtually, and health officials are warning against holiday gatherings. A season where fellowship with family and friends typically brings about joy is now threatened by potential feelings of loneliness due to restricted travel and social distancing. Please be safe in the weeks ahead, be intentional about checking in with family and friends, reinforce the importance of our Ranger students remaining engaged in school each day, and don't hesitate to reach out to RP with needs and concerns.
Proud to be a Ranger,
National PTA School of Excellence Application
Our RPIMS PTSA is applying for the National PTA School of Excellence program. They are Step 5: Building Our Team: Brainstorming Sessions of the application process. This week we are going to schedule brainstorming sessions to start to implement our plan to host 5 zoom sessions discussing the following topics. Please join us using the Zoom links below.
* Topic A: ParentVUE/StudentVUE/Canvas - Amy Piskoty, and Robin Calmes
December 1st @ 10:15 am
* Topic B: Classroom Software Applications- Leondra Radford, Jennie Wenning, Karen Cheek and Tonia Turner
December 1st @ 5 pm
* Topic C: Internet Safety— Accessing Inappropriate Websites- Bill Halpin and Christyn Winkle
December 3rd @ 4:15 pm
* Topic D: Internet Safety—Bullying—Jina Simmons and Kathryn Basham
December 1st @ 4:30 pm
* Topic E: Impact of Social Distancing on Our Students—Katie Piatt and Diane Simon
RP Athletic Safety Guidelines
Guidelines for Winter Events at Raymond Park (revised 11/16/20)
- Admission will be limited to parents and guardians only.
- Tickets will go on sale on site 45 minutes before the start time of the event.
- No admittance will be permitted after halftime of the 8th grade game.
- Tickets will be $5 per person, cash only.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED for all spectators.
- Face coverings are recommended for all coaches and players while on the bench.
- Locker rooms and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Storage totes will be available for players to keep their masks in while playing.
- Players must bring their own water bottles.
- Families may sit together but must use 6 feet of social distancing from other family units.
- Avoid congregating near concessions and bathrooms.
- Concessions will be provided utilizing guidelines from the ISDH and MCPHD.
**Please note, all guidelines listed above follow the direction provided by the MCPHD, IHSAA, and NFHS**
2020-2021 RPI&MS Car rider procedures
Raymond Park PTSA
RP PTSA membership signups will be accepted ONLY through our online square website.
To join, please click on the PTA button below or go to raymond-park-ptsa.square.site and select the membership option that works for you.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - 5th Grade Dean
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 6th Grade Counselor
Ms. Amy Piskoty - 7th Grade Dean
Ms. Katie Piatt - 7th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin -8th Grade Dean
Mrs. Irish Parish -8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse