NCVPS Spanish 4 Honors
con la Sra. Beverly Myers
Week 9, March 25-31
REQUIRED LIVED CLASSES FOR UNIT 5
Keys to Student Success
We are halfway through out course. It is so important that students complete their best work and meet the due dates so that the Late Policy does not affect them.
The main keys to being successful are:
- completing all assignments (*well and on time*) (using the Schedule of Assignments), reading the announcements/learning block daily, checking/reading messages daily
- going through the direct instruction and practice as slow as needed to understand the material
- taking/studying notes, reviewing the grades/feedback for all assignments to see what was missed and why
- attending the required live classes
- asking questions when something doesn't make sense and/or more explanation/practice is needed
In addition, to me being available to teach the whole group in the RLC's, students can set up one-on-one tutoring sessions with me, as needed. NCVPS has a Peer Tutoring Center that is also available to students for Quick Questions, Virtual Buddies, and more. World Language and Culture Club sessions are also offered for extra credit!
WHY NOT BE A PARENT OBSERVER IN YOUR STUDENT'S SPANISH 4 HONOR CLASS IN CANVAS?
Would you like to see how your student is doing in our class? Please read the info below and sign up to be an observer in our class. (I cannot put you in our class as an observer as you need your student's login info and I do not have that info.)
Parents and facilitators will need student login information to set up their parent accounts. This will have to come from the school. NCVPS cannot supply login credentials to parents or facilitators. Check with your school's e-learning advisor (ELA).
The Canvas Parent app is designed to provide visibility into a student's progress at a glance. Canvas Parent allows both parents and facilitators to:
- View assignment descriptions and due dates
- Set reminders for assignments
- View assignment grades
- View course grades
- Set grade alerts
- View course announcements
Here are several helpful links:
Parents and facilitators can also use the Parent Portal online. Directions on how to use the portal are here.