"PEEK at PEAK"
TUESDAY--- September 17, 2013
Technology: Please load Drop Box on to your home computer. Your child should put a document from home into the Drop Box Folder ---it will then save live to the cloud. We are practicing moving documents from home to school and vice versa.
PGD: SLOGAN/ SYMBOL
- We voted on our class slogan / symbol. We decided on a Lego brick for our Class Symbol --- our slogan is Building the next generation -- I love it! We will have a drawing contest. If your child would like to participate --- he /she should draw their picture on a white sheet of paper. We will vote next week!
- We had 15 minutes to work on our S'more posters on "What Object Am I?" We were not able to finish the posters -- your child has homework! The poster should include the following: strength of the object, weakness of the object, personal slogan for the object, and how understanding objects will help me work better in a group, and a picture. When the poster is complete ---please email me the link! I will create a virtual TACKK board with everyone's virtual poster.
- We reviewed -- Clarity, Accuracy, and Precision
Elements of Reasoning Skills: Purpose & State the Question:
- We reviewed Purpose and state the question.
- Topic Study: Today we continued to use our new technology tool---- Padlet. Students are talking excellent notes!
- Math: We had a successful day of math problem solving!
- Science: We finished our first experiment write up and will begin a new solar collector experiment next week! We also learned how to graph using the create a graph tool on my "PEAK PAD" (click here).
- Today we completed an activity called: Can I trust these sources? This was a very eye-opening activity. Out of 6 websites ---only 2 could be trusted. Ask your child to explain how we determined what was trustworthy and what was not.
- Students looked at more brain materials and narrowed down their brain topic choice to 3 --next week we will finalize our selection! I am hearing some fantastic choices.
- Students are asking themselves the following questions: Is the brain topic Interesting? ?Is it the right size? Is it easy enough to understand? Do I have easy access to information?
- Finish the brain lobe essay and email to me! ( I still have a few missing!)
- Load Drop Box on your home computer. Save something from home to the Drop Box folder.
- Finish the S'more poster and email me the link!
New Apps are where it's at ---
- Symbaloo - "PEAK PAD"
- Drop Box
- S'more poster
- Google Docs
- Create a Graph
- Live Binders --- for Topic Study
Up next ----
- Edmodo (review)
- Kid's Blog