Week 10, Term 3
Tauranga Primary School Pānui (Newsletter)
Ngā mihi nui, ki a koutou katoa
Warm greetings to you all.
This will be the last of the weekly newsletters. In Term 4 we will return to our normal fortnightly Thursday newsletters.
Due to COVID, there have been many cancellations, postponements and challenges. We have not had the opportunities to develop partnerships with parents as we would have liked, and have not been able to deliver various aspects of the curriculum as we had planned this year. Due to the most recent Delta lockdowns we have had to delay our Term 3 reports and the associated Learning Conferences to the 26th and 27th October, Week 2 Term 4. You will have received an email with information about booking a conference time. If you have not yet received an email (please check your spam folder first) please email your child's class teacher, as we must have an incorrect email address for you that will need to be updated.
Thank you all for your support with the Level 2 procedures around drop off and pick up times. We know that it is different and for some not ideal. However, we continue to be impressed with the self-manager skills of our learners. Many children, who previously thought they couldn't come into school alone, have really stepped up and met the challenge well.
In Level 2 parents are asked to:
- Please social distance and wear a mask
- Continue to kiss, hug and drop off at the gate in the mornings.
- Wait outside the school grounds for pick up in the afternoons (remember to use social distancing and wear a mask while you wait).
- Only come onto the school grounds with "purpose", observe physical distancing, wear a mask and sign into the school site.
- Stay outside of classrooms. Please email teachers with any non urgent queries.
- Have only one adult when entering the school site with a child.
- Leave the school site as quickly as possible.
Each year we ask our school families to complete a very short survey to gain feedback on the overall culture and performance of our school. It only takes 3-4 minutes to complete and it provides very valuable information to the school leadership team and board of trustees.
At the time of writing this newsletter we have only had 26 responses. Last year we had 172 responses.
Completing the survey will also earn House points and you will be entered into the draw for a $100 Pak'n'Save voucher.
We are starting the process of planning for 2022. To aid this process, we need to know accurate student numbers. If your family is planning to leave TPS in 2022, we would appreciate notification as soon as possible, please contact the school office email@example.com. Equally so, if you are yet to enrol a sibling please do so ASAP via the office. It is a good idea to notify the office of a sibling enrolment from as early as 3 years old. At this stage, we anticipate that we will be able to accept some out of zone new entrant (5 year old) enrolments for Term 1 2022 while all other year groups are full.
If you have yet to start the enrolment process for child/ren you intend to enrol in 2022, please do so now. Enrolment forms are available via the school website and the office.
Deciding class placements for the new year is a complex task. As well as considering numbers of children at each year level and the number of teachers we are allocated, we need to consider the individual learning needs for each child, gender balance, social skill development and peer relationships. We must ensure that all learners’ needs receive due consideration. Where necessary staff will discuss the placement of some children with their parents.
Most children in Years 3 and 5 will remain in the same learning hub they are this year. We do this to maximize their learning opportunities, and reduce lost learning time as a result of transition to a new class. The year 3 to 6 teachers in each learning hub know their learners; their strengths and next learning steps, and are able to continue with current learning goals from day one of 2022.
Please note that one or two teachers may change class or year level due to normal annual staffing changes.
While we ask parents to allow us to exercise our professional judgement in placing all children fairly, we do appreciate some input from families where specific needs should be considered. It is not possible for senior staff to meet with all parents and listen to individual requests. However, if there are extenuating or special circumstances that we may not be aware of, please put these requests in writing and ensure they are sent to me by the end of Week 2 Term 4, 29th October.
If there has been an issue in the past that we need to be reminded of, it is also worth dropping us a note or emailing your child’s class teacher, as not all information is carried over from year to year.
Only requests made in writing will be considered.
Next term is a 'summer term', this means that wearing a navy bucket or wide brimmed hat is a compulsory school uniform item. We do sell bucket hats (with TPS logo $18) via the school office, however a plain navy hat is also accepted as uniform.
A warm welcome to Gracen Ellis who has recently started at TPS.
Have a wonderful holiday break with your gorgeous children. Your TPS team will spend the school holidays wrapping up Term 3 paper work requirements, planning and preparing for Term 4. We will also be taking some time to recharge our batteries and spending some quality time with our loved ones.
Hei kōnei rā
Principal | Tumuaki
We are having a Pyjama Day on Friday 1st October.
We are supporting Miller's Movement, so if you are willing to help, we will be collecting gold coin donations on the day.
Here is a link so you can see why we are supporting this worthwhile cause.
Learning Conferences will be held on:
Tuesday 26th October 8:00 - 7:00pm
Wednesday 27th October 3:30 - 6:00pm
To book your Learning Conference:
We use an online booking system for learning conferences.
Here is the address: https://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz/
Our school code for this event is: qd3bj
We ask that, where possible, all TPS children do not attend school on Tuesday 26th October, unless attending their Learning Conference with you.
However, if your child/ren will be attending school, please register your child on our School Shop: https://www.tauranga.school.nz/school-shop
Click on Learning Conference, and answer three questions to register your child, so that we know that they need to be supervised on the 26th October. Each child needs to be registered individually.
- 20 - 26 September - Chinese Language Week
- 1st October - Pyjama day
- 1 October - Last day of term 3 - school finishes at 3:00pm
- 18th October - Term 4 Starts
- 21st October - Reports e-mailed out
- 25th October - Labour Day - School Closed
- 26th October - Learning Conferences - 8:00am -7:00pm
- 27th October - Learning Conferences - 3:30pm - 7:00pm
- 27th October - International Students' Learning Conferences as arranged
- 29th October - Rescheduled Pizza Day
- 2nd November - BOT meeting, 7:00pm-8:30pm, in school staffroom
- 5th November - FOTS Frosty Friday
- 11th November - Year 4 camp
- 17th November - Structured Literacy Parents' Meeting, 6:00pm
- 18th November - Tauranga Primary Schools concert, choir only tickets available at Baycourt
- 24th November - Tauranga Intermediate School- Orientation Day for Year 6 students (Note change of date)
- 24th November - Y2 Parent transition meeting, 9:00am, staffroom
- 25th November - Orange Day Parade for Road Patrollers
- 1st & 2nd December - Year 5 Discovery Day/Camp
- 1st - 3rd December - Year 6 Camp - Totara Springs
- 7th December - BOT meeting, 7:00pm-8:30pm, in school staffroom
- 10th December - FOTS Frosty Friday
- 10th December - TPS Nga Toi - the Arts sharing
- 13th December - TPS School Awards Assembly (Years 0-5), 9:30am
- 13th December - Year 6 Social Dance
- 14th December - Year 6 Leavers' Assembly
- 15th December - Final Day of school, Finish at 12.00pm
- 16th December - Teacher Only Day
Thank you to the following businesses that support TPS:
Hip Hop Classes Just Dance Term 4 2021 !
Just Dance is a fun introduction to dance for Year 0 – 8’s with a focus on building self-confidence for the children.
Choreography is kept simple so that children of all levels can have a go.
This term fees are $50 per child, per term 4 and invoiced directly to the parents. Classes run for 10 weeks this term which includes 9 classes plus a performance. Classes will be held Tuesdays lunch times beginning Week 1
Full information and invoices will be send in next 7 days after registration
HOW TO ENROL: Simply click on the link below & fill out the online enrollment form
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact me;Valentina
Junior Team Leader
Middle Team Leader
Senior Team Leader
International Student enquiries