A Taste of the Italian Life
Samantha D. Holli D. Lily B. Tayla M.
Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland)
- Altare della Patria is the largest national monument in Italy. It was created on June 4th 1911 during the 50th anniversary of the unification of Italy at the Universal Exhibition.
- The monument was dedicated to King Vittorio Emanuele III
Family - La Famiglia
- In Italy, single men and women can live with their parents into their 50's and 60's.
- Traditionally, children grow up to work in the family business, though many young Italians now seek financial independence.
- Family gender roles are influenced by age and socioeconomic class.
- Children in Italy are also dedicated to their parents, often living with them as young adults.
Economy - La economica
- Agriculture employs less than 4 percent of the labor force, but agricultural products are important and allow Italy to be independent in food production
- Italy is a major steel and iron producer industry accounts for almost one-fourth of the gross domestic product
- Italy is one of the world's largest wine and cheese producers. Other important crops include wheat, potatoes, corn, rice, fruits, and olive oil.
- Most people enjoy a living standard with Italy's position as one of the world's seven major countries and as the third largest economy in the euro zone. (The countries of the European Union whose official currency is the Euro).
Arts - Le arti
- In music, Italians invented opera, musical notation, and the piano.
- Italy has been center of the arts for centuries, shaping art movements throughout Europe and the world.
- Some of the greatest Western painters, architects, and sculptors were from Italy, including Giotto, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, Da Vinci, Titian, Bernini, Caravaggio, and Modigliani.
- Museums in Italian cities such as Florence, Naples, Rome, and Venice house internationally renowned art collections.
- In America people are usually out of their parents house by 18-20, whereas men may stay in their parents house until 50-60.
- Italy's economic strength is based on industry and agriculture, in the United States there is a more diverse and advanced economy.
- In Italy, their music consists of opera, musical notation and piano, on the other hand, pop, rock and roll, jazz and country are common in America.
- Culture Grams
- Google Images