Picture Yourself Growing in First Grade
Fourth Grade Buddies are the BEST!
The week of Halloween was a special one! We were able to meet up with some older students from Ms. Singley's 4th grade to create a Halloween Cause & Effect book! It was a great learning experience for everyone! Modeled after the cause and effect relationships in the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, we created our own books based on Halloween characters. We had a great time writing and illustrating books with our buddies! We loved meeting new friends in 4S! We look forward to working with them in the future.
Reading Workshop - Character Studies
We have done a great job on our spelling tests! Thank you for all your support at home. We are mastering our short vowel sounds. Please continue to practice the sight words in addition to the spelling words. They will also be tested on Fridays.
New App Series and Professional Development
Featured App - Garfield's Mental Math Games
Garfield’s Mental Math Games is a great tool that enables children to develop a visual image of number relationships, at their own pace.
Reminders and Dates
* Please read the guided reading book with your child and return the book the next day! I will be sending home books on Fridays. I appreciate all of your help to have your child read this book and discuss it at home.
* December Parent Teacher conferences are right around the corner. An electronic Sign Up will be coming home
* I want to apologize for any wet lunch boxes that may be coming home. We are having trouble with water bottles in our lunch boxes. If possible, it would be VERY helpful for your child to have a reusable water bottle with a close top. It will help with keeping our classroom dry and it will help the environment. I am noticing many unopened or untouched water bottles go to waste! Thanks for your help with this!
* Thank you for your Scholastic Book orders for October! Our November book order is due 11/24.
* Our special class schedule is listed below. Please be sure to return library books on Day 5. Also, please be sure to send your child to school in sneakers on Day 4 and 6 for PE. Thanks!
Day 2 - Music
Day 3 - Spanish
Day 4 - Spanish and PE (Please wear sneakers)
Day 5 - Library (please return library books this day)
Day 6 - PE