RAMSEY MIDDLE SCHOOL NEWSLETTER
Week of September 6 - 10, 2021
First two days of school information
What to expect on the first day of school?
I am excited to be starting back in person with students and am looking forward to getting to know your student! To help students transition, they will be spending the morning on the first two days (September 9 & 10) in their Foundations class. On Thursday, after lunch, they will rotate through their "A" day classes. On Friday, after lunch, they will rotate for their "B" day classes. On Monday, September 13, students will begin following their complete schedule!
Student and staff safety is extremely important as we support student academic and social growth. Your assistance with reminding your student of social distancing and wearing masks is appreciated!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions via email (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-744-6702).
Sincerely, Teresa Vibar
- School Office hours are 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Office phone 651-293-8860
- If your child will be absent please call the school and leave a message with Sue Roach 651-744-4750
- Visitors are limited and masks are required
6th - 8th Grade Information
- Mr. Marder welcome & expectations video https://youtu.be/Pfyh9upn9bA
- Mr. Kowalski. Welcome all to a new year! Just a few quick notes.......Materials - students will need the usual stuff including 2-3 notebooks for just science class. We will be turning in (almost) all work on the iPads this year. Check my Schoology page for my parent/guardian letter and supplies list for science. Please email me with any questions. Mr. K
Tech Time - Important iPad information
New Student iPad Handout
All students will receive a new iPad, case with keyboard, and charging cord/brick on Monday and Tuesday, September 13-14. Students who have an iPad from last year are encouraged to bring it to school daily, but it will not be required for class participation and assignment completion for students without a working iPad at this time.
Please have your students locate their iPads (working or not), cases, and charging cords/bricks. They should be brought to school, fully charged if possible, on 9/13 and 9/14. They will be turned in when students receive the new iPad. If students forget, they will still receive the new iPad and can bring the old iPad back to school the next week.
The new iPads can be used with the Generation 1 Apple Pencil. The school/district is not providing Apple pencils for students. If you choose to purchase one for your student, please be sure to only purchase the Generation 1 or it will not work. I would also encourage you to use it only at home. The school/district does not take responsibility for students who bring personal technology to school; students lose so many regular pencils that we are concerned about students losing these very expensive tools.
Feel free to contact me with questions, preferably by email at email@example.com or text at (612) 568-2358.
Cara Hagen, iPad Teacher