Port Susan Middle School
Family & Student Update 05/15/2022
Rotary Student Awards
We are excited to announce our Rotary Student Award recipients for the 2021-2022 school year. In addition, we will be making certificates for all that were nominated to be recognized this upcoming week. We have so many students that make a positive impact on our school culture and the support they provide in leading by example is appreciated. Thank you to our parents and staff for your continued guidance.
- Sylvi is such a nice young lady. She is a good friend and a positive role model for others. She is involved in athletics and is in leadership roles in school. Sylvi always has a smile on her face and works hard to be successful in academics. I have loved getting to know Sylvi over the years. She would be very deserving of this award.
- Sylvi DeBoer is kind to all of her classmates. She is always respectful and has such a wonderful attitude. I have enjoyed watching Sylvi start at Port Susan as a shy quiet 6th grader and grow into an outgoing involved school leader. She played school volleyball, basketball and is also an ASB officer. She does all of this and still maintains straight A's in all of her classes. Sylvi is a shining example of what a Rotary Student winner should be!
- Sylvi is kind and respectful throughout her day. She has positive contributions both in the classroom as well as in our building culture by being an active participant in sports and leadership. Thank you!
- Oscar is a responsible student. He is polite and respectful to everyone.
- He is a great role model for his peers. He is polite and helpful. He is kind to others and goes out of his way to try to make people feel important. He is a good student and is a hard worker at school and works hard mowing lawns for neighbors as well. He is a fantastic young man!
- Oscar Cabe is a wonderful young man. He is such a great role model for all of our students at Port Susan. He has integrity and you can always count on him. He is so kind and respectful to everyone he meets. He plays sports and volunteers to help out any chance he gets. I was so impressed as he went in front of our entire staff and talked to them about changing a school rule (no hats in the building) that many felt needed to be changed. He is my TA and always volunteers to work with the kids that are a bit more challenging. Oscar Cabe is one special kid and the Rotary Award would be so well deserved.
Smarter Balance Assessment Update
**Thank you to our PTO for a little motivation for our students (pictured below)
Please make note of the fine amounts below that have been set by the district. It is important that students continue to take care of the technology that has been checked out to them as well as locate their chargers for the return process. Reach out if you have any questions.
Reminder: 8th Grade Families
June 17th, 2022
This will be an evening of celebrating the Class of 2026! We will have a promotion ceremony at Port Susan Middle School from 6-7 p.m. (families invited), followed by a social/dance (8th grade students only) from 7-8:30 p.m. to celebrate their accomplishments. If you're interested in helping out with this event, please contact Port Susan PTO (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**We Need Pictures**
We'd like to put together a slideshow of memories for our 8th grade students. We have pictures throughout their time here at Port Susan, but would like to reach out and ask that you share any pictures from their time together in school that you have as well. These could be pictures from preschool until the present & the more students in the pictures, the better (5th grade camp, elementary field trips, concerts, sports, etc)!
If you're interested in helping to organize the 8th grade promotion celebration on the evening of June 17th, please reach out to our PTO (email@example.com) for volunteer opportunities.
August 29, 2022
Incoming Freshman are invited to Stanwood High School for Link Crew Freshman Orientation from 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (see more information below).
At PSMS, high quality teaching and learning means that we are a community of learners including both students and staff. Teachers provide routine and structures along with the belief that ALL students have the ability to learn.
End of Year Dates & Testing
Upcoming Dates/End of Year:
May 2-20 SBA Testing
May 16 Dance Permission Slips
May 20 School Dance/Social
May 23-27 Square Dancing
May 26-31 Chromebook Collection
May 31 Food Drive begins
June 7 Fifth Grade Tour
June 10 Assist Program Zoo Field Trip
June 15 NO LATE START (full day 7:40 to 2:10)
June 17 End of Year Celebrations and 8th Grade Evening Promotion
June 20 Last Day of School (9:40 a.m. release)
Week of May 16th through 20th
Advisory - Lesson
Advisory - Homework Support
Boys Soccer vs LaVenture
Advisory - Homework Support
Boys Soccer @ Mt. Baker
Track @ Centennial
Advisory - Homework Support
Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
Crysty Auckland, Assistant Principal/Athletic Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Austin (6-8 Fitness & 6 Leadership) email@example.com
Jonathan Bletscher (6-8 Band) firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Campbell (6-7 Math) email@example.com
Garry Carlson (6-7 Math) firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlene Franck (7 ELA & 6-8 Art) CFranck@stanwood.wednet.edu
Grace Gale (6 Science & 6-8 STEM/Robotics) GGale@stanwood.wednet.edu
Sub for Grace Gale is Anastasia Stanton Astanton@stanwood.wednet.edu
Chelsea Hanson (6-8 ELA/Humanities) CHanson@stanwood.wednet.edu
Nate Hanson (6-8 Computers/Digital Effects) email@example.com
Audrie Harrington (6/7 ELA & 7/8 Leadership) firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Hepper (6/7 Social Studies/History) DHepper@stanwood.wednet.edu
Sub for Deborah Hepper is Kelsey Huerter Khuerter@stanwood.wednet.edu
Seth Hills (6/8 History) email@example.com
Lori Johnson (6-8 Assist) firstname.lastname@example.org
Wade Johnson (7/8 Science) email@example.com
Rebecca Klein (6/7 Science) firstname.lastname@example.org
Meghan Lawrence (6-8 PBS) email@example.com
Ellianna Martin (6-8 Math) firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Daniel Mccrumb (6 Math/Science & 7/8 Outdoor Ed) DMccrumb@stanwood.wednet.edu
Sarah Oldow (6 ELA/Social Studies) email@example.com
Catherine Perry (6-8 EL) firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Riley (6-8 ELA) TRiley@stanwood.wednet.edu
Kelcie Rocha (7/8 Math) email@example.com
Brad Rochon (7/8 Science) firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Schmidt (6-8 Health) email@example.com
Sheri Schroeder (8 History/ELA) firstname.lastname@example.org
Sub for Sheri Schroeder is Delanie May email@example.com
Kym Shoemaker (7/8 Math) firstname.lastname@example.org
Crystal Titus (6-8 Fitness) email@example.com
Kayte White (8 ELA & 6 Cultures) firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Zurcher (7 History & 7/8 Home Ec) email@example.com
Jayde Piggot (6 Counselor) firstname.lastname@example.org
Keli Niegemann (7/8 Counselor) email@example.com
Emily Bowne (School Psychologist) firstname.lastname@example.org
Kandyce Hansen (Speech Language Pathologist) email@example.com
Sara Harlan (Librarian) firstname.lastname@example.org
Sub for Sara Harlan is Ronda Russell email@example.com