Last One of the Year
Don't leave for the summer without backing up your laptop! Click this link to access all the backup documents. You may have to click the "more" link to see all of the documents. If you back up from Time Machine, I would still follow these directions for your photos and music as a just in case backup. I would suggest you sync one last time before leaving for the summer, as well.
Summer Professional Development Opportunities
Don't forget to sign up for our technology sessions this summer in My Learning Plan:
- Google Academy - This is a four day class (although you can sign up for individual days) that explores all of the different Google Apps and how they work together. August 3-6 from 9:00-11:00 am
- Augmented Reality - This is a two day class. Day 1 will explore what AR is and we will create our own using an app called Aurasma. Day 2 we will explore how AR is being used in the "real world." August 3-4 from 1:00-3:00 pm
- Screencasting - This is a two day class that will explore how to create a screen recording on both laptops and iPads. These videos can then be used in a flipped or blended classroom. They could also be used to support/reinforce a topic. August 5-6 from 1:00-3:00 pm
- Tales of an iPad in an ES Classroom - Meghan Cummings had the opportunity to create a 1:1 environment using iPads with her first grade students. Come and learn how she managed this environment and the types of activities she did with her first graders. Although this is an elementary focus, all are welcome to attend. August 10 from 9:00-11:00 am
- iTeach iPads - Colleen Mooney will share her experiences integrating iPads into the curriculum and all of the projects and ideas she used with her 1-2 Multiage students to enhance her instruction. During this interactive presentation, participants will work to brainstorm and create innovative project ideas to implement across grade levels. August 11 from 9:00-11:00 am.