News and Notes for the Madison Staff (3/13/15)
- PARCC begins Monday and will take place each morning.
- Make-up testing will occur in the afternoons.
- 3rd Grade will be testing first thing every morning and will be finished by 11:15AM.
- 4th and 5th grade will be testing after PE and will be finished by 12:00PM
- ALL GRADES: No outdoor recess during the AM that week.
- No noise in LLC or main hallway.
- No interruptions to testing classrooms during testing.
PAWsitive Behavior Time!
The Power of St. Baldricks!!
- The other day the FDA approved only the second drug on the market that specifically targets Neuroblastoma cancers in children! Here is a quote from the leading doctor: “The research that led to dinutuximab’s FDA approval was decades in the making, and the St. Baldrick’s Foundation helped to make it possible with their funding of my work,” Dr. Yu said. “All of the support and the collaboration surrounding finally making this treatment available is testament to the power of what we as individuals can do when working together.”
- I know that St. Baldricks celebrations at Madison cause some havoc with sales in the lunchroom, announcements, excited kids, etc., but I truly thank you for allowing our students to make a valuable difference in the lives of others!
Mon, Mar 16: PARCC Testing begins (ELA I)
Tue, Mar 17: PARCC Testing (ELA II)
Wed, Mar 18: PARCC Testing (ELA III)
Wed, Mar 18: 8:30AM Staff Meeting (Formative Assessments)
Thu, Mar 19: PARCC Testing (Math I)
Thu, Mar 19: 12PM PTA Meeting
Fri, Mar 20: PARCC Testing (Math II)
Fri, Mar 20: 2PM St. Baldrick's Day
Mon, Mar 23: 8:30AM MIT Meeting
Tue, Mar 24: PARCC Make-Up Deadline
Wed, Mar 25: 8:30AM Staff Meeting (Tech Dept)
Thu, Mar 26: 2:30PM 1980's at Madison Assembly
Wed, Apr 8: 1-3:30PM Classroom Walk-throughs (Faith)
Wed, Apr 22: Edison Step-Up Day
Fri, May 22: EMD