CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Of course the time I go to California it's warmer back home! Yesterday was nice (high of 58), but today is 100% chance of rain.
Kinsa- If you haven't signed up for the Kinsa app (free thermometer), please do so! The retail cost is $19.95 and after March 16th, the thermometers will not be free. If you need help, please stop by school. My thermometer arrived at my house earlier this week.
- Enrollment update- We have sent home invites for the 2017-2018 school year! We gave parents the option to send in a photo of our newest huskies and I've included those pics below. It's a good looking group!
- ISTEP Part 1 & IREAD Testing Dates: We want you to be aware of testing dates and times so that you can plan doctor appointments around them.
ISTEP Part 1 testing dates: 2/28-3/3 IREAD (3rd grade only): 3/7-8
- Chick-fil-A flyers will be going home with students on Monday. When you visit Chick-fil-A on February 21st, between 5-7 pm, a portion of the proceeds will go towards the CSA Lincoln PTO. You must take the flyer with you!
- Friendship Dance- Tonight is the 5th-6th grade Friendship Dance. The theme is "Light Up the Night" with students wearing neon. We purchased some glow-in-the-dark items for them as well.
Kinsa-136 families already enrolled!
Why should you participate in this program?
1. You receive a free thermometer that is shipped to your home.
2. It is easy to enroll. The app is free. It took me 3 minutes to download the app, join the CSA group and create profiles of each member of my family. I instantly received an email notifying me that my thermometer was being shipped.
3. By joining the CSA Lincoln group, you will have access to a message board that you can connect with our school nurse and other users. Mrs. Helwig can update the group of health trends in our school (example: 3rd grade is noticing a spike in temperatures this week. Please make sure your students are washing their hands, etc.).
4. You data is anonymous and not shared with others. It also tracks your data so you can track health trends of your family members.
5. You can use the app as little or as much as you want.
How was CSA Lincoln selected?
We are thankful to have such wonderful parents who continue to find ways to improve our school. This opportunity became available because one of our parents learned about the program, applied on our behalf and we were accepted!
Cost if you buy the thermometer at retail: $19.95
Deadline to Enroll: Wednesday, March 16th
Meet Our Newest Huskies!
KinderCare closed on 2/20
Please share The Linden Project #celebratecolumbus video on Facebook!
PTO Ongoing Fundraisers
Kroger Community Rewards
1. Visit www.kroger.com/communityrewards.com or call
1-800-Krogers, Option #3 to enroll your Kroger Plus Card in the Community Rewards Program and designate Columbus Signature Academy -Lincoln as your organization. Click “Enroll Now” on the Community Rewards page and enter our organization number 11083.
Use your Kroger Plus Card while shopping at the Kroger on National Road.
Box Tops for Education - Spring Submission Deadline is 2/24/17!
Keep turning in your Box Tops! The spring submission competition deadline is fast approaching! Please refer to the FAQ sheet below for any Box Tops questions and good luck to all the classes!
Save The Date - PTO Family Movie Night
CSA-Lincoln Families Save The Date: Mark your calendar for Friday, March 3rd and join us for our annual PTO Family Movie Night! This is a free event for CSA-Lincoln students and their families to mix and mingle with other Husky families and to strengthen our Husky community. More details coming soon!
BCSC Pre-K Applications
Our BCSC Pre-K Program is now accepting applications. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 1st, 2017. The application process will remain open, but we will start filling classroom rosters in March. The application can be found on the BCSC homepage. The direct link is, http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=1050. For more information, please feel free to contact us at 812-376-4569.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Where Good Kids Become Great Leaders- Young Marines
Columbus Young Marines will meet every Saturday starting February 18th, 2017 for 13 weeks at 4131 Rockyford Road in Columbus from 9 am until 12:30 pm. We will have an informational meeting and enrollment on Saturday February 4th from 10 am to Noon. We will also have enrollments on Monday February 6th from 6-8 pm and Friday, February 10th from 6-8 pm.
For more information, you can contact the Unit Commander, Scott Riley at 812-344-4320.
Husky Gram Winners
We will publish next week!
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!