Worthingway Middle School Updates
Wow, what a great week. Our students and staff transitioned seamlessly into our new space. In a tough year, it is refreshing to see and feel the excitement throughout the building. I stopped into many classrooms and heard a lot of great things about the building. The only concern I heard was related to the heat in some of the rooms. They were hot and we are addressing that with our construction team.
We still have a ways to go, but the end is in sight. It was great to be in our new space. I cannot thank our amazing teachers and students for the way they have handled all of the challenges that have come their way this year.
Children's Hunger Alliance
Are you interested in your student receiving two breakfasts and two lunches to take home each week? Worthingway is partnering with Children's Hunger Alliance to provide this option to interested families. Meals are shelf-stable, and do not need refrigerated so students may easily transport them home. If you are interested, please complete the form here. Reach out to Mrs. Fei with any questions (email@example.com).
Virtual Landfill Tour
The Worthington Green Team and SWACO would like to invite you to a SWACO Virtual Landfill Tour on Tuesday, February 23rd at 6:30 pm. This will be a great opportunity to learn where your trash goes after it leaves your home, what can and can't go into your curbside recycling bins and SWACO drop off containers and how a landfill is constructed to protect the local community. This event is appropriate for all ages. From 6:30 to 7 p.m. will be the education and video virtual tour (kids will love the trucks!) and 7-7:30 p.m. will be a question and answer session. We hope that you can join us.
Please register for the SWACO Virtual Landfill Tour on Feb 23, 2021 6:30 PM EST at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Ohio Dental Outreach
Worthington Schools is happy to be partnering once again with Ohio Dental Outreach to offer in-school dental care. The dates for Worthington Estates and Worthingway Students are Thursday (Green Group students) March 4, 2021, and Friday (Blue Group students) March 5, 2021. The services will be performed at Worthington Estates Elementary (Worthingway students will walk over accompanied by school staff). Dental care includes a complete dental exam, x-rays, cleaning, fluoride and sealants when necessary, and in some cases, restorative care such as fillings, all occurring during the school day. All insurance is accepted including Medicaid and CHIP. For those without insurance, a low cost self-pay option is available, or you may also request donated care to cover the cost.
Permission slips are available at your school office. These need to be completed and returned as soon as possible, or you may complete the form online -- the links for each school are found below. Parent/Guardian signature is required in order to treat your student on the day of the clinic. We need as many students as possible to complete permission slip by February 19, 2021, although students will be accepted after that date and through the clinic dates of March 4&5, 2021.
If you have any questions please contact Joyce Casey, our School Nurse at 614-450-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worthington Estates: https://www.myschooldentist.com/WFWCOH_schsrmWorthingway Middle: https://www.myschooldentist.com/WMWCOH_schsrm
Tuesday, February 16 – 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 18 – 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Your student’s teachers are looking forward to meeting with you during Parent-Teacher Conferences. These conferences provide you with an opportunity to establish an open line of communication and develop a relationship with each of your student’s teachers. During this time you will learn about your student’s classroom performance, have an opportunity to ask questions, and share any thoughts or concerns you may have.
We are using an online program for parent-teacher conferences in 10 minute time blocks. Please come to your conference(s) prepared with any specific concerns or questions, as we make every effort to stay on schedule.
You may go online starting February 8 through February 15. Please read the following directions carefully as we are using PTCFast.com as our online parent-teacher conference scheduler this year. It is very important to follow the instructions and the link to schedule your conferences.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHEDULING ONLINE:
1. Go to Worthington.k12.oh.us, select Worthingway Middle School, and then click on the Quick Link (left hand side of page) for Parent/Teacher conferences or login to www.ptcfast.com/schools/Worthingway_Middle_School. This will take you to the Worthingway Middle School Conference Scheduler. Click on the teacher you would like to conference with. A Spanish translation is available by clicking the Spanish flag in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Sign up by entering your child’s last name, first name, your name, and your email address, then click SUBMIT.
3. The next screen will direct you to check your email inbox for a message with the subject “Select Date/Time for Teacher Conference Now.”
4. Open the email and click on the link to select conference times. Each conference is with a different teacher and different time block. If you do not receive an email, check your junk/spam folder. NOTE: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE EMAIL IN ORDER TO FINISH THE SIGN-UP PROCESS!
5. The link will take you to your TIME BLOCK OPTIONS. Available time slots will appear on this page. IF THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS THAT SUIT YOUR SCHEDULE, PLEASE EMAIL THE TEACHER DIRECTLY TO SET UP AN ALTERNATE MEETING TIME. To find contact information for the teacher you wish to reach, please log on to www.worthington.k12.oh.us, select Worthingway Middle School (under “Select a School” at the top of the page), click on “Our School” and choose “Contact Us” from the drop down menu. You can then click on “Staff Directory” to the left of the page. All teachers’ email addresses are listed alphabetically.
6. After submitting your time slot, you will be prompted to finish, schedule another appointment for the same student, or register another student. Once you have completed your registration(s), you will receive an email confirming date and time of your conference(s) and a link by which you may change your date/time should you need to do so.
If you have any questions regarding the online scheduling process, please contact the office 614-450-4300.
There will be Spring Sport Information on the Worthingway Web-site the week of February 1. Information will include a spring sport video that will meet the preseason parent meeting requirement.
Worthingway Middle School
Dean/Athletic Director: Bill Mosca (email@example.com)
Counselor: Natalie Fei (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretaries: Amanda DeBernard (email@example.com)
Val Swearengen (firstname.lastname@example.org)