Once a Griffin, Always a Griffin!
COMPACT FOR SUCCESS
Learn more about the Compact for Success:
THE GRIFFIN WAY
G reet everyone with respect.
R espond to adversity with GRIT!
I mmerse themselves in learning.
F ocus on being calm and cool!
F ollow their shot to the trash can!
I Pads are used as educational tools.
N ever ever give up!
W ill be College and Career Ready.
A cknowledge positive behaviors (4:1 Challenge)
Y earn to learn beyond the bell!
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday, October 26
Filipino Movie- The Debut Film Per. 5&6 in Library
Tuesday, October 27
Annual Fire Inspection 11am-1pm
GRADES DUE @ 3pm
Science COHORT @ PDC Bumatay
Filipino Movie- The Debut Film Part 2 in library per. 5&6
Wednesday, October 28
A-G presentations for 7th graders in Library all day
Pink out day!!- Wear Pink (breast cancer awareness month)
Boost Visit for ASES program after school 3:30pm
College Awareness – Wear your College T-Shirt
Parent English Class 9:15am-11:15am in Rm 403
Admin Mtg. @ 1pm
Filipino Dance troops & ballet folklorico visit from MVH during lunch
Thursday, October 29
Speaker Darryl Asuncion in library during adv
A-G presentations for 8th graders in Library all day
Costume Contest- Staff and Students
Halloween Dance 5- 7pm/Haunted Trail 7-8pm
Friday, October 30
Head counselor mtg @ 1pm- Nafarrete
Shortened Day Schedule (8:15am-2pm)
Calendar Mtg. 9:00am @ Conf Rm
Saturday, October 31
Saturday GAP 8-12pm @ Cafeteria
Credit Recovery 8-12pm
UP COMING EVENT
11/4/15 FAC Mtg
11/5/15 Coffee w/principal- SSC Mtg
11/6/15 Shortened Day
Granger 8th Graders at Lincoln Acres Elementary for Literacy Week
NUTRITION BREAK SUPERVISION
Area / Teacher
East side of Quad .................MARCHANTE
9th Grade Carts.....................BRYAN
West side of Quad...................PINEDA
compact for success benchmarks
Upon graduation from high school, students must have completed the following:
- Continuous enrollment in Sweetwater Union High School Disctrict schools from 7th to 12th grade (as of October 2011).
- Attain a CSU GPA of 3.0 or higher by time of application and maintain this GPA through senior year
- Completed all CSU A–G course requirements with a grade of C or higher:
- A – 2 years of US History, Government/World History
- B – 4 years of English (ELD 7-8 may apply)
- C – 3 years, (4 recommended) – Algebra, Formal Geometry, Intermediate Algebra, Math Analysis, Calculus
- D – 2 years, (3 recommended) – Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- E – 2 years, (3 recommended) – Foreign Language (same language)
- F – 1 year of Visual and Performing Arts
- G – 1 year College Prep Elective or additional year of any of the above (e.g., 4th year of math)
- Satisfy the ELM (Entry Level Math Placement Test) and the EPT (Entry Level English Placement Test)
- Take SAT or ACT exams
A—G Courses9th Grade10th Grade11th Grade12th Grade
A World HistoryUS HistoryGovernment
B English 9English 10English 11English 12
C Algebra*Geometry*Intermediate Algebra Recommended
D Biology**Chemistry / PhysicsRecommended
E Foreign Language *Foreign Language*Recommended
F Fine ArtsOne year of Fine Arts can be taken in any grade. Both semesters must be in the same subject, for example: drama, art, music, etc.
G Elective One year of an extra a-g course can fulfill the elective requirement.
*Course sequence may be started in middle school
**Science courses may be designated to begin in the 9th grade
college awareness wednesday
COFFEE WITH THE PRINCIPAL
Thank you to all the parents and students who attended coffee with the principal this week. The focus of Literacy for our school and community will continue to be an ongoing topic of discussion.
Granger Talent Show Participants
Ms. Humphries representing Granger!
Congrats to Ms. Humphries who won the I Love Granger challenge during the Fall Break. Ms. Humphries won the $25 gift card to Outback Steak house.