March 6, 2020
Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow!
- March 6 - CES & CUES Report Cards sent home
- March 6-8- Spring Musical, The Little Mermaid
- March 6-8 - CCHS Art Show
- March 9 - No School for Students, Professional Development
- March 14 - Daddy-Daughter Dance @ CUES 5:30-8 pm
- March 19 - Kindergarten Open House, 5:30-7 pm
- March 19- Blood Drive @CCHS
- March 26 - Half Day of School, Begining of Spring Break
- April 6 - Schools Resumes
- April 10 - No School, Good Friday
- April 26 - CCHS Choir & Band Concert
- May 1-3 - Junior High Spring Play
- May 9 - Prom and After Prom
- May 13-17 - CCJH trip to Washington DC
- May 15 - Seniors last day of school
- May 29 - Graduation, Jackson College Potter Center, 7 pm
Bus Drivers Wanted!
Are you interested in working for the Columbia School District part-time? We are in need of bus drivers! Stop by or call the transportation office at 517-592-6449 or email Bill.Bradley@myeagles.org for more information.
Recently a parent reached out to our administration staff regarding the coronavirus. This communication is to help all of our families understand what we are doing regarding all viruses, including the coronavirus and influenza: our custodial staff has completed two different deep cleaning and disinfecting efforts covering touched objects and surfaces in every school building. We plan to continue this process. These deep-cleaning sessions take place when the students are not in school to ensure we are able to cover all school areas. For additional information: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdhhs/nCOV-2019_General_Fact_Sheet_v2-4-20_680266_7.pdf
March is Reading Month!
Brooklyn Kiwanis Club is supporting Columbia Elementary and Upper Elementary for March is Reading Month! Donate to help them purchase books for our students by sending your donation to Columbia School District, March is reading month, 11775 Hewitt Rd., Brooklyn, Michigan, 49230.
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. - Sir Richard Steele
GSRP Free Preschool
If you have a child who is turning 4 by September 1, 2020, you are invited to apply for GSRP Preschool. It is a full-day Preschool program that meets every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Preschool begins on Monday, September 14th.