Pride Point Parade
Mrs. Craps and Mrs. Davis Team News
This week in 5th grade...
We have had another great week of learning in fifth grade. It was good seeing so many of you at Parent Orientation Night. We hope that you found the information helpful. If you were not able to attend, you will find our presentation attached.
This week in learning ...
- ELA- Students have been working with Sequencing of events. Students are also working on a narrative writing unit as well.
- Social Studies- The Reconstruction Unit has been completed. Students will test on this unit on Thursday, September 18.
- Math- We have completed our Number Theory Unit. Students will testing in the unit on Tuesday, September 15. A study guide was sent home Friday to help students prepare. This assessment covers array number models, divisibility rules, prime and composite numbers, squaring and unsquaring numbers, and prime factorization.
- Science- Students are nearing the end of our Scientific Process Unit. Look for information on a Unit Assessment in the coming week.
NPE Happenings the week of September 15, 2014
- Monday is Day 2 for Related Arts.
- MAP Testing for Mrs. Craps' homeroom will be Tuesday, September 16 at 7:50 (reading).
- Unit 1 Math Assessment is scheduled for Tuesday.
- Boosterthon Fundraiser Pep Rally will be Wednesday September 17. Look for additional information about this exciting fundraiser.
- Reconstruction Assessment is scheduled for Thursday.
- Spirit Day and Box top Collection Day is Friday. Any shirt with NPE on it count toward the spirit wear count. Also be sure to turn your box tops in with the blue count sheet that went home last week in Tuesday folders.
- Interims will be sent home on Monday, September 22.
- Information about scheduling conferences will come home this week in Tuesday folders.
Lifeskill of Effort
Take a look at this great video about effort. http://play.simpletruths.com/movie/212-the-extra-degree/ We will be talking about effort in our morning meetings this week.
Growth Mindset Video
This was the video that was shared at Parent Orientation Night. It gives a good explanation for Growth Mindset and how having this type of mindset, can make students more successful in many different realms. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwDUhDDOM9M