Teaching the Holocaust & Genocides
Echoes and Reflections - Level I
CONFIDENTLY TEACH ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST
This is Level I training being offered in cooperation with the Holocaust Memorial Center.
Echoes & Reflections empowers middle and high school educators with dynamic classroom materials and professional development.
Secondary Social Studies educators who attend this session will:
- Explore a sound pedagogy for the planning and implementation of Holocaust education in the classroom to fulfill Michigan’s Holocaust and genocide education mandate;
- Examine instructional enhancements to support student learning and understanding;
- Discover and utilize FREE classroom-ready digital assets including lesson plans, visual history testimonies, and additional primary source materials aligned to the C3 Framework;
- Enhance personal knowledge about the Holocaust, including the history of antisemitism, and
- Build confidence and capacity to teach this complex subject.
Teaching the Holocaust and other Genocides Professional Learning
Thursday, Aug. 15th, 8:30am-3pm
2413 West Maple Avenue
- Room 102AB
- Grant funded, no fee
- materials, resources, and Lunch included
- 5.0 SCECHs (pending approval)