How to Enroll in PSB!
For New and Returning Students Entering Brookline
The guide below provides important information from the Public Schools of Brookline.
- Simplified Chinese: 点击这里查看中文翻译.
- Traditional Chinese: 點擊這裡查看中文翻譯.
- French: Cliquez ici pour accéder aux options de traduction
- Haitian Creole: Klike la a pou tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen an.
- Hebrew: אנא לחץ כאן לצפייה במסמך בעברית.
- Japanese: ここをクリックして日本語の翻訳にアクセスしてください.
- Korean: 한국어 번역을 보시려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Portuguese: Clique aqui para a tradução em português.
- Russian: Нажмите здесь, чтобы получить доступ к русскому переводу.
- Spanish: Haga clic aquí para acceder a la traducción al español.
- Vietnamese: Nhấn vào đây để truy cập bản dịch tiếng Việt.
Welcome to the Public Schools of Brookline!
The Public Schools of Brookline is excited to welcome our newest students to our community! We know that this is a very special time in each student's life, and we look forward to joining you on this journey.
This guide outlines the general registration process. The Office of Registration and Enrollment is committed to ensuring that you and your student have a successful transition into their first day of school in Brookline.
Before Getting Started...
Eligible students are ACTIVE Brookline residents.
During the registration process, you must present documentation of your student’s primary residence in Brookline to the Office of Registration & Enrollment.
- If you are planning to move to Brookline and hope to enroll your student(s), you may begin to fill out the application when you are able to present documentation that verifies your Brookline address (i.e. leasing agreement, purchase and sale agreement). However, please note that your student(s) cannot begin schooling until they are physically residing in Brookline and have completed all placement determinations with their school-based staff.
- Temporary residence in the Town of Brookline (4 weeks or less) for the sole purpose of attending the Public Schools of Brookline will not be considered residency. If you intend to change addresses during the registration process or will be transitioning from a temporary residence to a permanent residence in Brookline, you must present proofs of residency for both addresses in order to enroll your student(s).
- Proof of residency does not apply to homeless students and families covered under the McKinney-Vento Act. All homeless families should contact the Public Schools of Brookline McKinney-Vento liaison, Dr. Maria Letasz, who will work with you and the Office of Registration and Enrollment to enroll your students. The liaison can be reached at 617-308-6400 (text enabled).
- METCO or Materials’ Fee students follow a different process for registration. If your student is accepted through either PSB program, the Office of Registration and Enrollment will contact you after you receive your acceptance notification with more details.
Grade levels are ultimately finalized and determined by your student's guidance counselor. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- Students registering for Grade 1 in the 2023-2024 School Year must be born between September 1, 2016, and August 31, 2017, OR have completed Kindergarten at a public school in the United States.
When do I enroll my student?
To begin an online application, you must have a Brookline address secured (i.e. a signed lease, or a closing date for a newly purchased home). We respectfully request that you schedule your enrollment interview no more than 2 weeks prior to your date of occupancy of your Brookline address.
No student's enrollment will proceed until they provide all required documents AND the family has taken occupancy of their Brookline home.
Where do I enroll my student?
Any student wishing to enroll or re-enroll at the Public Schools of Brookline will need to complete the registration process with the Office of Registration and Enrollment. Registration enrollments do not take place at our schools. Families will need to present three types of proofs to complete the enrollment of their students. You’ll learn more about what documents are needed in Step 1.