IFL Green Ambassador Committee
Environmental Sustainability Champions
Who We Are
A group of environmentally conscious BMO employees who are passionate about reducing the IFL’s environmental footprint. From guest services to course design to the way we get our work done, we share a commitment to environmental stewardship at the IFL, and to leading BMO as an environmentally responsible corporate citizen.
What We Do
We support BMO’s Environmental Sustainability Group as it rolls out environmental programs and initiatives enterprise-wide, focusing on:
- Use of energy
- Paper consumption
- Waste generation
- Act as points of contact for communication between IFL employees and the Environmental Sustainability Group
- Assist with environmental awareness training sessions for IFL employees
- Attend periodic meetings with the Environmental Sustainability Group
- Identify best practice opportunities and share them with the Environmental Sustainability Group
“We need to remember that every effort people make, however small, and every fruit we pick, however low to the ground, takes us another step toward a real future on our very real planet.” David Suzuki
Why We Do It
- We care about the environment and want to use our energy and creativity to make a difference for future generations
- We are proud of BMO’s track record of corporate responsibility and its commitment to environmental stewardship in particular
- It’s interesting and FUN! Teaming up with caring, talented, like-minded people to make a real difference in the world is a great way to spend an hour or two each month.
"Making Tomorrow Better"
BMO's Environmental Stewardship at Work!
- BMO has maintained its carbon neutral status since 2010
- BMO has purchased more than 115,000 megawatt hours of renewable energy to reduce its environmental footprint
- BMO Harris Bank has recycled more than 19,401 kilograms of electronics over the past three years