Raymore Update 12/7/2015
Where We Celebrate All Especially the Small!
Quote of the Week
- Every student can be a leader, because the true definition of leadership is the ability to influence. Tim Elmore
12/8/15 Fire Drill 2pm
12/8/15 PTA Meeting
12/7-11/15 Wayside Waifs
12/9/15 Cheris will visit
12/9/15 BLT Meeting
12/11/15 Family Movie Night
12/15/15 Chipotle Night
12/16/15 1st grade Musical
12/22/15 Winter Parties and 2nd quarter ends
7 Days of Christmas
“12 Days of Christmas Song - Shortened & Transformed”
On the Seventh Day Before Christmas Break our Principal said to theeeeeee
Wear Holiday on [Mon] Dec 14th…..
On the Sixth Day Before Christmas Break our Principal said to theeeeeee
Dress like an on [Tue] Dec 15th…..
On the Fifth Day Before Christmas Break our Principal said to theeeeeee
Dress ‘All Bundled Up’ on [Wed] Dec 16th….
On the Fourth Day Before Christmas Break our Principal said to theeeeeee
Dress Denim on Denim on [Thurs] Dec 17th
On the Third Day Before Christmas Break our Principal said to theeeeee
Wear your Favorite on [Fri] Dec 18th
On the Second Day Before Christmas Break
our Principal said to thee
Dress like a ‘That Stole Christmas’ Character
And….wait for it…..wait for it…….
On the Final Day Before Christmas Break our Principal said to theeeeee
Dress Like Your Favorite Christmas Treeeeeeee
Getting Ready for Break
- Please have class meetings to ease anxiety and fears that your students may be having about the upcoming break from school. We always think they are excited but sometimes that is masking the anxiety of lack of structure.
- Please solidify your classroom routines and expectations. Tightening them up now will help with the structure going into break.
A revised calendar for the 2015-2016 school year is posted on the District web site: http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/DocumentCenter/View/8179
The updated calendar shows school in session on Tuesday, Feb. 16, which had been earlier designated as the first make-up day for the 2015-2016 school year. Feb. 16 is the make-up day for Tuesday, Nov. 3, when school was canceled as a result of the city-wide celebration for the Kansas City Royals.
The calendar includes two other make-up days - March 4 and 28. Any additional days would occur at the end of the school year.
Schools will dismiss early on Tuesday, Dec. 22, for Winter Break. Schools are not in session Dec. 23 through Jan. 4. Classes resume on Tuesday, Jan. 5.
- Please remember to call or text Jennika and Melissa if you are going to be absent. Per Board of Education policy personal days are to be arranged prior to the absence. Thank you!
- We appreciate you meeting students at your door promptly at 8:25 am to greet them each morning. We know things can happen but please make sure copies are made, errands run, etc. prior to 8:25 am. We know how important it is to greet our students and make those connections. It is also helpful to have your eyes on the hallway as well.
- It is an expectation that you are logging all contacts with parents in SIS. Please make sure you are doing this.
- It is also an expectation that targets are posted in kid friendly terms in your classroom where they can easily be accessed. Targets should also be revisited through out a lesson to ensure students understand their learning goal.
- Remember to make a positive phone call to all students' parents for second semester by winter conferences in February.
Just In Case...
- Going forward, proficiency scales can be shared as relevant, one at a time with parents via newsletters/Weebly.
- We do want kids and parents to understand what mastery looks like.Mid and post assessments can go home for parent feedback. Pre-assessment is formative for teacher planning so they don’t go home. Data cycle pre/mid/post should NOT go home at this time.
- Remember to ask specific triage questions to help your student learn their missing skill(s).
- Doors locked at all times. If you need a rubber band or a magnet please see Melissa.
- Please be vigilant while monitoring recess. Be aware of any cars or people outside of our fences.
Positive Office Referral
Also, if you would like to help out Sheri during treatments don't forget to signup: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4aabac29a0fb6-food
- Please turn your "Hats Off" paper to me and I will put them on the board.
Remember that if you were awarded a hat you will need to pass it on at the next faculty meeting.
Celebrating Friends that make Us Feel Strong!
Hallway Expectations and Dismissal Expectations
Please talk about these areas during your morning meetings!
- Hallways are becoming a tricky spot during arrival and dismissal. Please remind your students that they are to walk on the blue tile, single file, with a smile.
- Please remind car riders that they are to walk to the library on the blue tile. When entering the library their voices should be off or at a whisper so their names can be heard. They need to sit where the adults can see their eyes, not behind the tables. As the crowd clears they need to move forward toward the carpet area however they may still sit in the chairs.
Panther Cub Academy
DID YOU KNOW? PCA OFFERS TUITION DISCOUNTS TO RAY-PEC EMPLOYEES, EC/ECSE FAMILIES AND NOW OFFERING A MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT?
Use this office referral form
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray-Pec spirit wear.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Melissa asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Melissa. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Jennika & Melissa if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 816-550-4434 and 816-868-9856
- Call or text Jennika or Melissa if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: OUR MISSION, VISION, VALUES
As a professional learning community, we commit to three big ideas:
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement