Assistive Technology in Windows
Have you ever needed to see something on the computer, but it was too small?
How about checking out details of a very intricate drawing or picture?
What if you have limited vision and need to read larger text?
Windows has a solution!!!
Continue reading to learn how to use the Magnifier...
How to Turn on windows magnifier
- Press the Start Button- Lower Left-Hand Corner of Your Screen
- Type in "Magnifier" in the Search Box
- Click on "Magnifier" in Results
- Select Which Type of Magnifier You Want To Use
- Enjoy Magnifier!
How to Turn on Windows Magnifier
Overview of Features
- Allows user to Zoom-in on entire screen using "Full-Screen" Mode
- Allows user to Zoom-in on a smaller section of screen using "Lens" Mode
- Allows user to Zoom-in on small section, with magnification shown on the side using "Docked" Mode
- Easily turns on by searching for "Magnifier"
- Easily turns of by pressing the "Windows" key and the "Esc" key
Check out the Windows Help page for more information
Using Windows Magnifier to Help the Visually Impaired-Ask a Tech #7
When working with mechanical or architectural drawings, some details are very small when viewing on a computer. While it is possible to zoom in using the drafting programs, magnification from Windows allows the user to enlarge the details on their screen while keeping the drawing at a larger size.
Windows Magnifier has many useful features for enlarging objects on a computer.
Between the options of Full Screen, Lens, and Docked, there are many ways to magnify images on your computer screen.
Give it a try to see which Magnifier works best for you!
GuruBrew2. (2014, September 03). Using Windows Magnifier to Help Visually Impaired - Ask a Tech #7. Retrieved April 07, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=hdnSgSkKm4w
Windows. (n.d.). Make items on the screen appear bigger (Magnifier) - Windows Help. Retrieved April 09, 2016, from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-screen- items-bigger-magnifier#1TC=windows-7