Fall into Literacy
Professional Development for Fall 2016
Looking for PD this Fall?
- The Writer's/Reader's Workshop
- Writing about Reading
- Close Reading
- Text Complexity
- Teaching Reading in Small Groups
- Daybooks: Spaces to Plan, Write, Think, and Reflect
- Conferring: The Heart of Teaching Reading and Writing
- Digital Literacy: Using Web 2.0 Technologies in your Classroom
- Genre Study: Connecting Reading and Writing
- Word Study: From Letter Name Spellers to Derivational Relations Spellers
About Dr. Brian T. Kissel
Brian Kissel, an educator for over 20 years, is a professor of Literacy and Elementary Education at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. A former elementary school teacher and literacy coach, Brian teaches courses in writing instruction, digital literacy, and literacy development and instruction. He works with schools and school districts by providing professional development over the summer and throughout the school year.
Brian is the author of several book chapters and journal articles in journals such as The Reading Teacher, Young Children, Childhood Education, and Journal of Research in Childhood Education. He is the author of three books: The Literacy Coach's Companion, Perspectives and Provocations in Early Childhood, and What's New in Literacy Teaching. His fourth book, When Writers Drive the Workshop will be published in January 2017 by Stenhouse Publishers.
To inquire about rates and availability, please contact Brian at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-885-4165.