Mrs. Barbour's Class---April 20, 2015
Our Class is Publishing a Book!
Our class is publishing a book! Each child has written and illustrated an animal riddle in our class book. This book will be hardbound and available for you to purchase if you choose to do so. An order form is in your child's red folder or backpack. If you do not want to order a book please check the NO box on the paper and return it to school. If you do want to purchase a book please fill out the order form and send in your payment of $19.95. You can also pay online. We are using www.studentreasures.com to make our class book. Please return your order form tomorrow or Wednesday. Please let me know if you have any questions.
News and Reminders
- Field Day T-Shirts are on sale for $10. An order form was sent home last week in your child's Tuesday folder. The deadline to order a shirt is Friday, April 24th. If you need another order form please let me know. Our class color is purple! Field Day is on June 2nd.
- No visitors in the building due to STAAR testing Monday through Wednesday of this week.
- If you eat lunch with your child at school, only your child may eat with you on the stage. Other school children must remain seated at their lunch table.
- I will be placing a Scholastic book order at the end of the month. You can order online using our code: MB4XP. www.Scholastic.com/bookclubs
- Be sure your child arrives on time in the mornings. The bell rings at 7:50.
- Kindergarten can be a messy place! Please keep a seasonal change of clothes (in a ziploc bag) in your child’s backpack at all times. Aside from many hands-on Kindergarten learning experiences that sometimes get messy, children sometimes go down wet slides, fall down in the mud, or spill their lunch in their lap.
What are we learning?
Sight Words: behind, have
Reading: making inferences, vowels and consonants
Writer's Workshop: writing animal riddles, adding details to our pictures, drawing backgrounds in our pictures, animal research writing
Math: counting to 100, graphing, surveys (Do you like....?), organizing information
Science: pond life, frog research, needs of a plant
Special Areas Schedule
Friday-ART (until 5/22)
Please remember to wear tennis shoes on PE days.
Field Trip Pictures!
April 20-22- STAAR Testing (No visitors in the building)
May 8 -APEX Fun Run (More info coming soon!)
May 18-22 - PTA Book Fair (buy one, get one free)
May 21 - Kindergarten Program (More info coming soon!)
May 25-Memorial Day-No School
June 2- Field Day!
June 3 -End of Year Party!
June 4-Last day of school/Early release