Exceptional Education Update
Welcome back to school!
Our leadership team has enjoyed visiting all of our schools and seeing your children back at school. We are excited to see new spaces and meet new faces!
Changes to our programming of note include, the new Taft Middle School now includes two applied skills classrooms. Lake Street Elementary has also added one applied skills classrooms. All of CPCSC schools now have at least one applied skills program. Our 18-22 Transition to Adulthood program is now housed at the Education Center. The Education Center is a renovated section of the "old" Taft building.
You should have received communication from your child's Teacher of Record (TOR) with contact information. Please let me know if you have not received this information and we will connect you with the TOR. The Teacher of Record is your first contact for any issues or concerns related to exceptional education services.
Welcome new exceptional education staff!
As our department grows, we have added several new EE staff members to support our students.
Please join us in welcoming these talented and dedicated professionals!
- Selena Burgos, Resource Teacher @ MacArthur
- Kylee Cwetna, Resource Teacher @ Timothy Ball
- Gina Justak, Applied Skills Teacher @ Winfield
- Jessica Havlik, Resource Teacher @ Timothy Ball
- Harmony Hofstra, Applied Skills Teacher @ Taft MS
- Darcie Johnston, Resource Teacher @ Wheeler MS
- Andrew Kenneally, Resource Teacher @ Wheeler MS
- Renee Witham, Resource Teacher @ Wheeler MS
- Rosa Holman, Resource Teacher @ CPHS
- Christina Vargo, Resource Teacher @ CPHS
- Theresa Novak, ED/STARS Teacher @ CPHS
- Sara Endris, Applied Skills Teacher @ CPHS
- Audrey Fields, Occupational Therapist
- Sara Palkon, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
- Tracilyn Haddad, Speech Language Pathologist
- Tonilee Gibson, Speech Language Pathologist
- Mary Jo Brown, School Psychologist
- Casey Pflughoeft, Diagnostician
SAVE THE DATE! Upcoming Parent Workshops & Events
Be on the lookout for more information from our office. Workshops are planned by Marissa Duppstadt, Transition Coordinator. Please contact her with any questions at email@example.com.
September 13, 2023-Special Needs Trusts
October 9, 2023-Transition Planning using Life Course Tools
January 15, 2024-Special Needs Financial Planning
February 12, 2024-Vocational Rehabilitation
April 23, 2023-3rd Annual Transition Fair
May 15, 2023-Unified Game Day @ CPHS