Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | May 13, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
This week we had our first whole building assembly outside as we cheered on our 5th grade students during their dodgeball tournament. It was so much fun to see the cheering, laughing, and sportsmanship. We have such amazing students here at IRE. They simply are the best!
We have just 2 weeks left in this school year. Our message to our students has been to finish strong! We know they can do it! We have also been talking about character and what it means to do the right thing, even when no one is looking. Our students exemplify this every day and we are so blessed to work with them!
Tonight at Dublin Coffman, we will have an IRE student and staff team compete in the District Dodgeball Tournament. Play begins at 7pm, we hope to see some IRE families at this great community event that supports a great cause.
Have a great weekend IRE!
Amber and Marty
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- May 25: 5th Grade Student Celebration (details below)
- May 27: Last Day of School (9:10 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.) (Lunch will be grab and go bags at dismissal) (Latchkey will end at 4:30 p.m.) (No KG classes)
Indian Run Announcements
5th Grade Concert
- Ladies and gentlemen! One and all! Enjoy the wonders of music in a special IRE premiere. This year's 5th grade concert, CHANGE SINGS, based on the story by Amanda Gorman, will take place on YouTube Premiere, which means it will "go live" at 7:00pm on Thursday, May 26. If you can't watch it right at 7:00pm, no worries! The prerecorded event will be available on the The Wire page after it goes live. Keep an eye on your email for the concert link to be shared with you once production is complete. Then, grab a bowl of popcorn, get comfortable, and see you online at 7:00pm on Thursday, May 26. Enjoy the show!
5th Grade Student Celebration
- Wednesday, May 25th
- Bell Ringing Ceremony: 12:45-1:15pm in the front loop. Parents and family members, feel free to join!
- 5th Grade Yard Party with Live DJ and Lunch: 1:30-3:30pm @ IRE
- A separate email went out to just 5th grade families about volunteering for the 5th grade celebration.
- Be sure to check out our latest episode of The Wire.
- Need to update your IRE wardrobe? Check out our IRE Spirtwear options
One Dublin - Family Fun Days
Dublin Scioto Youth Football Camp
Dublin Coffman Volleyball Summer Camp
Dublin Scioto Summer Basketball Camp
Dublin Coffman Youth Football Camp Opportuniy
- The camps are designed to be fun, informative, and will hopefully let the kids run off some extra energy they might have during the summer!
- Youth Camp One: Tuesday, May 31st-Thursday, June 2nd from 6:30PM-8PM
- Youth Camp Two: Tuesday, June 21st-Thursday, June 23rd from 6:30PM-8PM
- Click HERE to sign up.
Karrer Middle School
- The KMS PTO is offering families a convenient way for students to purchase school supplies kits and they can be picked up during student walk through in August. Save yourself the hassle of last minute shopping and price comparisons! Deadline is July 1st! Click HERE to order.
- In addition to grade level supplies, all KMS students will be required to purchase a paper planner next year through the PTO. Planners will be on sale during walk through day (8/11/22) as well as the first week of school.
- - - - - - - - -
Dodgeball is Tonight!
Summer Reading 2022
Reading over the summer is a critical way to maintain and build upon the reading habits developed throughout the school year. Dublin City Schools values our students’ reading lives; therefore, we will provide year-round opportunities for our students to engage in experiences that will allow them to grow in literacy. Click here to read information for the 2022 Summer has been updated on the District website.
Youth Activities - New activities addedCheck out our youth activities web page regularly to stay up to date on the most recent activities available for students outside of school.