Crew's News - Mrs. Copeland's Class
March 13, 2015
Attention CHALLENGER Parents,
Challenger will operate as normal on April 6th. We are aware that the flyer sent from the district did not include that day. We just want to be sure you are expecting a 5 day draft the week we are on Spring Break. This allows those who process the draft to enjoy their entire break. This means you will not have a draft taken from your accounts April 6-10.
Movie Night Tonight:
Doors Open: 5:30pm
Movie Starts: 6:00pm
Taking Orders for Papa Johns Pizza
(Forms sent home Monday)
Popcorn, drinks and snacks for purchase.
What are we up to?
Writing: Writing opinion pieces with a topic sentence, body (3 supporting reasons), and conclusion
Math: Data/Graphing Unit
Students will learn how to create and interpret bar graphs, picture graphs, and pictographs
- Struggling?: 1st grade - DATA AND GRAPHS (M.1, M.2, M.3, M.4)
- Grade Level Practice: 2nd grade - DATA AND GRAPHS (R.2, R.3, R.4, R.5, R.8, R.9)
- Need a Challenge?: 3rd grade - DATA AND GRAPHS (P.4, P.5, P.6, P.9, P.10)
Science: Weather Unit
We will learn how to tell the temperature with a thermometer, graph weather, describe different types of weather, and learn severe weather safety precautions.
*Don't forget to fill out your weather journal each night!
- March 13 - PTA Movie Night
- March 17 - St. Patrick's Day
- March 18 - McAlister's Deli (Herlong location) Spirit Night
- March 20 - FUN RUN PEP RALLY :)
- March 23 - March 27 - Scholastic Book Fair (see info. below)
- March 30 - April 3 - Spring Break
- March 30 - April 3 - Spring Break
- April 10 will be the last day for the 21st Century program.
- April 10 - Mother/Son Kickball (see event below)
- April 15 - Walk to School Day
- April 22 - Late Start & FUN RUN (K/1: 10:30, 2/3: 11:30, 4/5: 12:30)
- Tuesday, May 5 - Bond Referendum Vote
Bad Weather make up days are printed on the 2014-2015 District Calendar
The days set for make up are: Jan. 16, April 6, May 25
Don't forget to save those BOX TOPS Box Top Flyer
Don't forget to place your Scholastic Book Order!
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Happy Reading :)
FUN RUN - Coming Soon
FUN RUN Kickoff Pep Rally
Friday, March 20 @ 1:30pm
STUDENTS: Please wear a prior FUN RUN T-Shirt or RED & BLACK!!
FUN RUN: Wednesday, April 22
(K/1: 10:30, 2/3: 11:30, 4/5: 12:30)
Collection Envelopes will come home with students on Friday, March 20 after the Pep Rally.
First Collection Day is Thursday, March 26.
PARENTS: We are looking for SPONSORS for the Fun Run.
Sponsorship information can be found at: (link)
In addition, if you have any items to donate as "extra" prizes for our weekly drawings (like sports tickets, zoo tickets, gift cards, iPads, etc), please send them in to your teachers and indicate "FUN RUN PRIZE Donation". Your child will be credited the value of your donation.
IHES PTA Fun Run Committee
Book Fair - March 23 - 27
Monday 7:00 - 8:30 am; 1:30 - 3:30 pm; 4:00 - 6:30 pm
Tuesday 7:00 - 8:30 am; 1:30 - 3:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 - 8:30 am; 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Thursday 7:00 - 8:30 am; 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Friday 7:00 - 8:00 am
Sign up to volunteer www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0B49A8AC2DA2FD0-book1
Flyers will be going home next week
There is also an online book fair
Friday, April 10th, 3:30-4:30pm
2068 Yukon Drive
Rock Hill, SC
If there is anything else that you would like to see appear in our weekly newsletter, anything additional that would be helpful in any way please let me know.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns! Have a great weekend!