PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, August 31, 2015
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- Start off the new school year with a school shirt, planner, or backpack! Wildcat spirit wear will be available in the Cafeteria during lunch periods on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (9/2-9/4). Items may also be bought online at this link. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/spirit_wear
- Here are more Wildcat items, including mouse pads, yard flags, clipboards, trailer hitch cushions, phone cases, and seat cushions. https://www.etsy.com/shop/PlanoWildcats
- The first general PTSA meeting for this school year will be held on Thursday, September 10, at 6:00pm in the Building B Lecture Hall. We will have a brief meeting to approve the budget, review audit committee findings, and go over new business. Following the meeting, the Counseling Department will present ‘College 101’.
- Your volunteer help is needed for Back-to-School and upcoming fall events, including junior ID photos, senior photos, College Night, and Homecoming. View more opportunities and find an option that fits your schedule at this link. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Volunteer
- Plano Senior PTSA wants to thank all of you who have supported us. Because of your generosity, we were able to provide the English department with composition notebooks for EVERY student! We can't do this without our awesome Wildcat family!
Your tax-deductible donation to the PSHS PTSA is used for valuable programs that benefit students and teachers, such as Student Scholarships, Teacher Educational Support, Community Outreach, and Teacher Appreciation. Donating is a simple and powerful way that YOU can make a difference. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/fundraising
- Calling ALL Juniors, Seniors, Parents, Grandparents, and PSHS Alumni: Please Join Your Plano Senior High School PTSA!
Did you know that joining the PTSA does not require you to attend meetings or volunteer? Being a PTSA member simply means that you are supporting the students and teachers at your school. PTSA annual dues are used to fund college night and so much more. ANYONE can join – students, parents, grandparents, PSHS Alumni, and businesses. Single membership is $15.00 with students being $10.00, and a dual family membership is $25.00. Did you know that students who join BOTH their JUNIOR and SENIOR year are eligible for scholarships? The PSHS PTSA gave $10,000 in scholarships last year. Follow this link to start supporting our awesome school! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Open_Forms
Questions? Contact Jill Radasch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 Reasons to take College Practice Tests
- Help you see if you are studying the right things. A practice test can help you find what you’re good at and what you still need to work on, so you can focus on topics that will improve your score.
- Let you practice your approach. When you take a practice test, you can see the words and format that are used in each section. You can improve your test scores by making a plan about how you will approach each type of question. The best way to figure out what works best for you is to practice.
- Can save you time during the official test. Anyone taking the SAT or ACT “cold,” meaning without any practice, will have to take time figuring out how the test works, what kind of answers are needed, and how things change between sections. If you've already taken a practice test (or 2), you won't have to waste time with any of that. You'll know how to get through the test with the least amount of wasted time.
Register today at: https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Princeton_Review_Practice_Exams for any one of these practice tests on September 26: ACT, SAT, new SAT, new PSAT, and Startup (combo SAT/ACT).
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT CHILI'S
WILDCAT BATTALION JROTC PICNIC
* * * * * * * * * * * * GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
JUNIOR CLASS PRESIDENT ELECTION
Please follow the schedule listed below for the Wed., Sept. 2, 2015.
0 8:00- 8:50
1 9:00 - 9:40 (Bell will ring)
ASSEMBLY 9:40 - ?
*AT THE 9:40 BELL DISMISS JUNIORS TO THE GYM. SENIORS REMAIN IN 1ST PERIOD.
Once the assembly is over, a bell will ring to move to 2nd period.
2 10:27 - 11:12
3 11:18 – 12:03
*4 12:03 - 1:43
- (4 THRU 7 is Pep Rally Schedule)
- 1st Lunch: 12:03 – 12:53
- 2nd Lunch: 12:53 - 1:43
5 1:48- 2:33
6 2:39 - 3:24
7 3:30 - 4:15
Voting will be through the website/app https://voting4schools.com/ .
Voting will open Wednesday, 9/2, at 10:30am and will close Thursday, 9/3, at 4:15pm. Run-off (if necessary) will be Friday, 9/4 at 7am to 4:15pm.
Username is Student ID#. Password is Grade and Birthdate ex: 11MMDDYYYY
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: