James Hart School Update
April 30, 2021
- 6th Grade Optional Outdoor Education Trip (please look for a separate email with information for students who are attending).
- Catch-Up day for 6th grade. All 6th graders must check in for attendance in Advisory.
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- 7th Grade Optional Outdoor Education Trip (please look for a separate email with information for students who are attending).
- Catch-Up Day for 7th grade. All 7th graders must check in for attendance in Advisory.
- 8th Grade Pick-up, 3-5:30 pm, Morgan side of the school.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- 8th Grade Optional Outdoor Education Trip (please look for a separate email with information for students who are attending).
- Catch-Up day for 8th grade. All 8th graders must check in for attendance in Advisory.
Monday-Thursday, May 10-13, 2021
- 8th Grade Graduation Recordings. Families were mailed a letter with appointment times.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Parent Survey
As our mission states, our greatest desire is to see all children learn and to be served. Families and our greater community play a critical role in our efforts to bring this to life. As our school district examines potential opportunities to strengthen our partnership with the families and the community we serve, we do so with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Attached is a survey in which we invite you to share your experience within our school community.
Please know responses will be used to drive our planning as we commit more deeply to creating equitable spaces in which our staff, students, families, and community can work towards our mission together.
The survey will take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete, and we are asking for it to be completed no later than Monday, May 3rd.
You can either follow the link below or use the QR code to access the survey.
SPRING STAR ASSESSMENTS
Our students will be taking the last STAR Assessment for the school year next week.
- 6th grade (hybrid and remote)-Thursday, May 6th (see letter below)
- 7th and 8th grade (all students)-Friday, May 7th (see letter below)
The STAR Assessment is one of the tools used to determine student class placement.
Why do we take the STAR Assessment?
- To see what students have already learned—and what they’re ready to learn next.
- To gauge the effectiveness of instruction, so they can make adjustments when necessary.
- To identify students who are struggling and may need extra support.
- To see how students are performing against grade-level standards.
- Encourage your child to take their time and do their best.
- Make sure students have a quiet space to take the STAR assessment.
- Please remind your child to keep their camera on during the STAR assessment.
We ask that you avoid helping your child answer test questions: encourage them to select the best choice, to ensure we receive accurate results that can be used to support your child’s learning.
We are happy to offer in-person Saturday School to provide academic assistance and help with missing assignments.
The program will run from 8-11 am on Saturdays.
The sign-up link is below:
Sponsored by the National Council of Jewish Women-South Cook in partnership with the Jewish United Fund.
Children's Day- El dia de los ninos
El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day), commonly known as Día, is a celebration every day of children, families, and reading that culminates yearly on April 30th. The celebration emphasizes the importance of literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Día is a nationally recognized initiative that emphasizes the importance of literacy for all children from all backgrounds. It is a daily commitment to linking children and their families to diverse books, languages, and cultures
If you click the link below, it will lead you to a wonderful, eclectic book selection.
The video below explains how to access the Student Portal:
There is a link on the James Hart website under "For Students" to access the Infinite Campus Student Portal website.