Y Club News
All The News That Is The News At Pathfinder Y Club!
Pathfinder Y Club Direct Line - (816) 468-1610
Nick Fleeman - Program Director
Direct line: 913-387-2410
Sherrie Thummel - Site Supervisor
Cyndi Perkins - Assistant Site Supervisor
Andrea Phipps - Youth Development Leader
Nikia Fitzpatrick - Youth Development Leader
Ka'Reena Sanders - Youth Development Leader - A.M. Only
Johnny Aguilar - Youth Development Leader - P.M. Only
A GIVING HEART
In an amazing show of love and support for our youth and families at Pathfinder Elementary, we are able to reach out to 25 families this Christmas! This has surpassed the past three years we've partnered with Pathfinder Elementary to adopt families at Christmas time. We are overwhelmed with joy and gratitude at the amazing contributions you've all made and ways you've helped us teach our youth that Christmas truly is more about giving than receiving. Together, we've made a difference in 25 families this holiday season. A Christmas Dinner! While it may be a small thing to some, being able to put a nice meal at the table is a BIG DEAL to families who are struggling to make ends meet.
Our Warmth Drive collected:
*17 adult coats & 13 youth coats
*5 pairs of adult gloves & 12 pairs of youth Gloves
*2 pairs of youth boots
*2 suit jackets (that will be used in the Union Mission's Rehab program to get them back to work)
I have more coats & accessories I hope to deliver later this week!
One of the core values we teach our youth at Y Club is "Caring." We help youth understand that there is no greater joy than to give of yourself and being a "Servant" to others. Being a Servant does not need to be tied to any religious background. It is simply teaching youth how to be better human beings; how, through love, generosity and simple random acts of kindness, they can turn an otherwise gloomy day into the brightest experience of a person's life; how, no matter how young and small they may feel in this enormous world, they can make a BIG DIFFERENCE in it.
With all of you on board, this ship has built a port in the storm for these families. THANK YOU! You are a beacon of light...AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR IT! I'm so PROUD to be a part of your lives and the lives of your children!
WINTER BREAK @ PATHFINDER!
- December 21 - 23: Open 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- December 24-25: Closed for holiday
- December 28 - 30: Open 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- December 31 (New Year's Eve): 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Any child not picked up by 3 pm will be charged $1 per minute starting at 3:01 pm, DUE UPON PICKUP.
Getting registered is the key to a stress free No School Day. Pathfinder is the NSD site for all of Platte County (Pathfinder, Barry, Rising Star, Siegrest & Paxton). Spots will be limited, so here's how you can get the jump on everyone else:
Online Preferred Method: (this option closes 48 hours prior to No School Day) KansasCityYMCA.org
Youth Development Services
8205 W. 108th Terrace, Suite 120 Overland Park, KS 66210
Phone: 913-345-9622 (Credit card only)
Fax: 913-345-0524 (Credit card only)
Important Information you should know about No School Days:
- Youth will need to bring a sack lunch and a water bottle. Morning and afternoon snack will be provided by Y Club.
- Tuition is $23 per child per day. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Tuition for No School Days is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- No School Days have limited space availability. Recommendation is to register early.
- Register no later than 48 hours in advance. The 48 hour deadline does not guarantee availability.
- Please note that if you are registering after the 48 hour deadline, you may only register in person at the YDS Office. Space is based on availability.
- Please do not allow your youth to bring any toys or electronic devices to Y Club.
BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!
Whenever the school district cancels school, they can go one of two ways:
- Schools are closed but district offices are open and they allow Y Club to operate in the schools.
- The weather is so bad that the district offices are CLOSED, which means they will NOT open the schools for Y Club to operate. (This has only happened twice in the past fours years I've been at Pathfinder)
It will be important that you are in communication (alert texts) with the school district so you know which situation we will be working with. Also, watch the news! If you see that the schools are closed but district offices are open then we will be there. If they say district offices are CLOSED, we won't be able to operate. :(
- We will not open until 7:00 a.m. on inclement weather days.
- It is a first come, first serve basis (up to 32 kids)
- Registration is NOT required...just show up!
- Cost is $20 per child DUE AT TIME OF DROP OFF.
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle.
Please remember it is not our responsibility to notify you in the event of a inclement weather day. We have so many families I'd be on the phone all day and never make it out of my house! :) We also share snow days with Barry Y Club. You'll need to be alert to the news and weather closings to know when and if we will be in operation on inclement weather days.
LOST & FOUND
OH NO! I'VE LEFT MY COAT IN THE CLASSROOM!
Reasons being that:
1. Teachers use this quiet time to plan and get prepared for the next day/week.
2. Janitorial staff are cleaning the rooms.
3. There is valuable equipment and personal belongings that need to be kept safe (security purposes)
If you are desperately needing to get something from the classroom (i.e. it's Friday night and your child forgot their coat) please let one of us know so we can escort you to the classroom if we are able. This should only be in emergency situations.
All payments must be received by 5:00 on Friday, Dec. 18th. ACCOUNTS MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY FRIDAY AT 5:00 P.M. FOR YOUR CHILD TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND NO SCHOOL DAYS OR TO RETURN ON JANUARY 4TH. There will be a payment due on January 4th for the following week.
JUST A REMINDER!
- Payments are due each Monday by 6 pm. Payments made after then must have a $15 late fee added to it.
- If you make your payment online, please provide a receipt to Sherrie or Cyndi so we have records of your payments on site.
- If you child is at the site AFTER 6 pm, you will be charged $1 per minute beginning at 6:01 that is due upon arrival or before drop off the next day.
- Make sure you sign your child in and out each day. It is a State Licensing and YMCA requirement.
- Please DO NOT park your car along the curb unless there is a function going on at the school and there are no parking spots left. This is for the safety of all families (and their vehicles).
- When picking up your child, please allow for clean up time. It is important that they learn the responsibility of cleaning up behind themselves. It also alleviates the staff staying long after program has closed cleaning up what has been left behind by youth.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS TAKING HOME THEIR OWN BAGS. We have LOTS of children and inevitably there may be some duplicate bags or similar looking bags. There have been several occasions already this year when children have taken home the wrong bags because they look alike. This is especially urgent as we are now getting well into the school year and homework is being sent home.
- If you notice that your child has brought home the wrong bag, please do not remove anything from it. Leave it as you find it and give us a call so we can notify the owner of the bag. They probably have yours :) It can be exchanged the next morning at Y Club. If you think your child may have homework and they can't do it because they have the wrong bag, contact his or her teacher to explain the mix up. I'm sure they've had the same situation once or twice.