Have You 'Herd'?
The Bison Gazette
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, Oct. 27: Hallowe'en Dance (6:00-8:00pm)
- Wednesday, Nov. 01: Early Dismissal (at 12:20pm for Grades 1-6) + No School (for Kindergarten)
- Sunday, Nov. 05: Daylight Savings Time ends (clocks "fall back" an hour)
- Monday, Nov. 06: School Council + KPA Meeting (7:00pm)
- Thursday, Nov. 09: No School
- Friday, Nov. 10: No School
- Monday, Nov. 13: No School
DEADLINE IS THIS WEEKEND!
Order deadline is Sunday, October 29th (there will be a table set up at the Halloween Dance).
BEAR TRACKS Ice Melter is $30/pail. Each pail is 16 kg (35lbs). BEAR TRACKS Ice Melter is pet-friendly, fast-acting, long-lasting, safe on concrete and vegetation, and has high visibility blue marker.
Pre-order your BEAR TRACKS Ice Melter through the KPA and be winter-ready! Proceeds raised will help purchase new chromebooks, a new inclusive playground, gym equipment, library equipment and MORE for our school.
Your order will arrive for pickup early November at Kinosayo School. The class that sells the most pails...WINS A PIZZA PARTY!
Kino is helping two of our division Outreach students to fundraise for an amazing initiative that they started last year called Project North.
Cola and Jeric were inspired by Constable McKay and his drive's to bring Christmas gifts to a few of the most remote communities in the NWT and decided to get our school division involved. Last year they beat their goal of 20 boxes and sent a total of 400 boxes of childrens gifts to the boys and girls of Hall Beach community. This year they have a goal of 600 boxes and will be flying out themselves to hand deliver the packages--a once in a lifetime opportunity!
We are hoping to help them out by donating as many items as possible to fill as many boxes as we can. They are looking for donations suited to both boys and girls from K-12 and seniors as well. Some items that would work for donations are things like:
- socks and underwear
- art supplies
- small travel sized games
The boxes are about double the size of a shoe box so please make sure your donation items are not too big. Donations will be accepted from October 23-31 and can be brought to the boxes in the front foyer.
Thanks Kino community! We hope to help out as much as we can with this awesome project!
Healthy Hunger ("FUN LUNCH Thursdays")
The next Hot Lunch is November 2nd! (As usual, orders must be placed by the previous Saturday.)
Hot lunch will offered each Thursday of the week, throughout the school year. Parents please log onto the Healthy Hunger website (www.healthyhunger.ca), where you may view the available options for your child(ren). Here you are able to select the date, class room and food/drink choices you want for your child. Payment is made online at this time.
Did you know that money raised from this program is given back to the school, helping to enrich our kiddo’s school experience? If you have any questions or comments, or would like to volunteer, please email Kasia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fun Lunch is driven by volunteers from the Kinosayo Parent Association.
Holiday Card Artwork Contest
‘Tis the season – for our school division's holiday card artwork search!
The criteria are as follows:
- Only original hand-drawn or painted artwork will be considered – no collages, use of die-cuts, stencils, scrapbook materials, etc. please.
- Original artwork should be no larger than 8 ½ x 11”.
- Please write your child’s name, school and grade on the back of the artwork.
- Fill out this form and return it, along with the artwork, to your child’s school by November 3rd. Artwork and permission forms can also be submitted digitally (however we will require the original artwork for the entry that is chosen for the cards – we will make arrangements after the selection has been made). Email entries to email@example.com with the subject heading of “Holiday card artwork contest”.