Picnic in the Park 2015
Teddy Bear's Picnic
You've seen the flyer that has gone out to families, inviting them to our Picnic in the Park. Now we need help providing the activities. We don't need activities to be as fancy as the usual ones provided - the activities need to be ultra simple, use teddy bears or similar theme, be either really cheap, or cost nothing at all to produce, take about 10 minutes to complete, AND appeal to kids under ten.
Want some ideas, so you can join us?
- "We're going on a bear hunt" - could just be doing the singing game, or could follow a trail using the song as a guide, or whatever you like!
- Make a scavenger Hunt using teddies (real soft toys, or cardboard templates on sticks)
- Make necklaces for teddies (and their owners) using string and Cheerios/Honey o's or something like that
- Ice teddy bear biscuits
- Pin the tail/ears/nose on the teddy
- play the 'beetle' game using dice and and teddy parts instead of beetle parts
- got another idea?
- google "teddy bear picnic games" There are stack of ideas out on the web
If you've got an idea just email the office firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are coming. We will reimburse units/districts up to $20 per activity on production of receipts, as long as you tell us beforehand.
For Guides aged 5-10, and their families
A limited number of Guides can attend without their families, but they will need to bring along a completed ADM27 form.
Picnic in the Park
Sunday, Oct. 25th, 4:30-6:30pm
Please book by going to www.trybooking.com/JISZ
This event is free, but we'd like some idea of how many people will be coming!
Bring your picnic or BBQ (limited BBQ facilities available), picnic rug or chairs, drinks (no alcohol please - this is a Guide event!), wear your hat and sunscreen, and be ready to have some fun!