Mrs. Lamparter's Class
April 18, 2014
We had so much fun on our field trip to the Heritage Environmental Center. Thank you to all the parents that came with us!! We dressed as bunnies and went on an egg hunt! We appreciate all the goodies you sent in our plastic eggs!
Mega Minutes for the 4th Nine weeks will end on May 2nd. Our minutes have been adjusted for our awards.
White Horseshoe- 660+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe- 940+minutes
Gold Horseshoe- 990+minutes
Bronco- 1410+ minutes
A note from administration.....It is that time of year……the children are very comfortable with each other and all of their teachers. We are starting to see an escalation in the talking in our classrooms and having more students “push their limits” with behavior. Please continue to have discussions with your children about behavior while at school and our three R’s here at Craig: Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Be Ready. We want to be proactive and work as a team in order to maintain a good learning environment for all of the students while also having fun and celebrating our many successes this year. Thanks so much for your understanding. It’s a great day to be a Colt!!
- * Building our sight word vocabulary: students should know the first 50 Fry words
- * Knowing letter sounds and blending sounds and chunks together to make words
- * Focusing on reading words with a short vowel in the middle
- * Working on blends and digraphs
- * Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- * Learning to find the "evidence" in a text to support or explain the author's thinking
- * Learning to write an informational piece and phonetically spelling words to write a story
- * Researching and studying nonfiction texts about plants and butterflies
- * Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
- * Counting by fives, tens and ones to 100!!
- * Composing and decomposing numbers 11-19
- * Representing addition and subtraction with objects, mental images, drawings, expressions, and equations
- * Building combinations of 5 -10
- * Recognizing and knowing the value of coins; penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and the dollar bill
- * Counting forward beginning from a given number in sequence
- * Writing numbers and counting sets to 20
- * 1-1 correspondence
- * Comparing sets- more, less, same
- * Using our Math tools- the rekenrek and number line
- * Working on problem solving skills
- * Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- * Our LAST Scholastic book order is due on April 30th. You can send your order and payment to school OR you can order online with the activation code GQY3T www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
- * On Friday, May 9th, Kindergarten will have our field day. Our schedule is: 8:45- 9:45 Tug of War; 10:15- 11:30 Centers; 11:40- Cookout ; and 1:00- 2:15 Relays. Our closing ceremonies will be on Monday, May 12th at 2:00 p.m.
- * Mark your calendars for our Annual Spring Kindergarten Program on Thursday, May 15th at 9:00 a.m.
- * Don't miss out on this summer opportunity for your child!
- Brookwood Cluster 17th Annual Student Reading & Writing Institute for current K-4th graders is June 9-12, from 9:00 - 12:30.
- * Mark your calendars for Camp Invention, 2014 at Craig Elementary on
- June 2 – 5, 2014 from 8:00 – 4:00. Our new curriculum – MORPHED!
- www.campinvention.org or call 800-968-4332