By: Shakia Griffin
Benefits of an AU-Pair
"You get flexibility". Having an au-pair it gives you peace of mind as a busy parent. Having another adult in your home makes your life easier and less stressful because you don't have to worry about the hassle of dropping off or picking up the children. You have the finial say about the activities and environment the child and the au-pair will be spending their time.
- Fixed cost of $360 per week.
- The cost is by per family and not per child.
- You can pay for the program in full or use the flexible payment plan.
- An au-pair rarely have professional experience of looking after children.
- Need to have a big enough house to accommodate an au-pair.
- Unlikely to meet your au-pair before they arrive in the U.S.
- Communication can be a challenge at times if your au-pair isn't fluent in English.