Brought to you by the Cohen Career Center
UPCOMING DEADLINES & EVENTS
Application Deadlines on Tribe Careers!
- Hilti - Marketing & Sales Internship - Internship - Deadline 3/31
- Performance Food Group - Marketing Intern - Internship - Deadline 3/28
- Kelley Drye & Warren - Marketing Assistant - Full Time - Deadline 3/16
- I Shine For You Auto Detailing - Marketing Intern - Internship - Deadline 4/4
- PGA Tour / Dominion Charity Classic - Sales & Marketing Intern - Internship - Deadline 3/31
Creative Careers Meet Up with an iHeartMedia Executive
Michele Laven, President of Strategic Partnerships for iHeartMedia, will be discussing her career path and advice she has for students who want to work in media or entertainment. She has over a decade of experience working with iHeartMedia (formerly known as Clear Channel) and can talk about what it's like to be involved with huge events like the iHeartRadio Music Festival and nationally syndicated radio shows like "Elvis Duran and the Morning Show"!
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Visit iHeartMedia.com for more company information.
Please RSVP: http://bit.ly/2mFvRXK
The Career Benefits of Working in Food Service in College: Panel Discussion
- Why food service experience is useful in gaining tangible job skills
- What to do to leverage your position o maximize career benefits
- How to weave your food service position into your resume and interviews
- What the Order of the White Jacket does and what the eligibility requirements are for an OWJ Scholarship.
Event Details: Wednesday March 22, 5-6 PM, Cohen Career CenterRegister here.
The & Campaign showcases how students can become career ready, building their NACE competencies, through their everyday college lives. The NACE competencies are the 8 qualities that employers look for in employees in today’s modern work environment. Emily's, Class of 2017, involvement in Women's Initiative in Leadership and being a Government major has helped her develop the NACE competencies of Leadership and Critical Thinking! Which competencies do you embody?
Buffalo.Agency Integrated Marketing Intern
Buffalo.Agency is a premier full-service, integrated marketing company dedicated to golf, destinations, sports and lifestyle brands.
- Junior or senior undergraduate, or graduated within the last year
- Overall GPA of 3.2 of higher
- Degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, communications, or related area
- Knowledge of integrated marketing disciplines, including PR, Advertising, Digital, Social Media, and Content
- Experience in business-centric, marketing and creative writing
- General understanding or desire to learn analytics and how marketing campaigns are measured for success and client reporting
- Possess excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to provide service support including administrative and other duties
- Minimum 3-month commitment with a maximum of 6-months (exceptions may be considered)
- Must have reliable transportation and housing for the duration of the internship
Compensation: $10/ hr. plus college credit if applicable
Hours: Part Time—30 hours a week (exceptions may be considered)
Apply online at http://buffalo.agency/careers/ submitting the following documents in one PDF: (A) Updated copy of your resume, (B) Tailored cover-letter to the Internship posting, (C) 2 letters of recommendation (optional, 1 professional, 1 university faculty member preferred)
. . . . . . . . .
CAREER TIPS & INDUSTRY NEWS
. . . . . . . . .
Dress to Impress
Cohen Career Center’s Dress to Impress program allows students to borrow dry-cleaned suits and professional attire. We only ask you to schedule your pick-up in advance and dry clean your items before they are returned. Read more about the program and browse the closet here.