By: Mikayla Bakken and Keri Zimmerman
Andrew was a lawyer in Tennesse. Served in both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Jackson was a major general in the war of 1812.
Mother- Elizabeth Jackson
She died in the revolutionary war.
Father- Andrew Jackson
Died before son was born.
Wife- Rachel Donelson Robards
Died in 1828
How the Qualifications are Met
- Andrew Jackson was 62 years old when elected.
- He was a lawyer, therefore, must have a law degree.
- Natural born citizen, never moved out of the U.S.
How the Qualifications aren't Met
- Jackson killed a man.
- Never took the Citizenship test
The Seven Roles of a President
- Chief Executive- Jackson wanted to get rid of the Second Bank of the United States.
- Chief Diplomat- Took claim of Texas over Mexico.
- Chief of State- Was seen as the "citizen president".
- Chief of Party- Created the Democrat Party.
- Chief Legislature- Vetoes the Maysville road bill.
- Chief Guardian of the Economy- Got rid of the Second Bank of the United States.
- Commander of Chief- Directed military force against eastern Indians and South Carolina
Would You Vote for Andrew Jackson????
No, we do not think Jackson would have made a good president. We would not have voted for him because he killed someone and he unlikable person. He also made poor decisions as president. For example, he taxed certain goods and started the nulification crisis.
- "Andrew Jackson." The White House. The White House, n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2014"
- Family | Andrew Jackson's Children, Wife and Legacy." The Hermitage ICal. N.p., n.d. Web.
- "Miller Center." Presidential Key Events-. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Dec. 2014.
- Shmoop Editorial Team. "Economy in The Jackson Era." Shmoop.com. Shmoop University, Inc., 11 Nov. 2008. Web. 12 Dec. 2014.