October Parent Newsletter
Dr. Malinda McKillip, Principal
National Custodial Appreciation Day
It’s very important that all student and emergency contact information is updated and verified in Skyward, our student management system. As of today, we still have 140 students who do not have updated profiles. The portal will be closing on October 15th.
To complete the Annual Information Update Process:
- Login to Skyward
- Click the Annual Information Update tab on the left
- Select a child
- Fill out the forms on the page
- When finished all steps, click Submit Annual Information Update (If the submit button is greyed out, you must go back and complete all sections.)
If you have any difficulties, please contact the school office for assistance.
Student Attendance & Online Participation
- Please contact the main office at 610-469-5710 if you have any questions about student attendance.
- It is important to note that attendance is taken at the start of the instructional day when students gather on Google Meet for their daily class meetings. However, if a student is not present for their content area classes or small group sessions throughout the day as well, teachers will adjust the child's attendance record to reflect an early dismissal. Please contact your child's teacher or the main office to report any extenuating circumstances that may need to be considered in advance.
- Please remember to call the attendance hotline (610-469-5688) to report any absence or early dismissal Monday through Friday regardless as to whether or not your child is attending in-person or virtually.
A Child's Place
Parents of students who are currently or previously enrolled should expect to receive additional information from ACP in the near future. All other families wishing to be placed on a wait list should visit A Child's Place's website.
Instructional Model Changes
If you intend on having your child switch from OJR Cyber Academy to the Blended Plan or from the Blended Plan to the OJR Cyber Academy, we kindly ask that you complete the intent form located here for your child by Friday, October 9, 2020 at 5PM. Any transitions between learning models will take place on November 9, 2020.
*If your child will be remaining in the current plan he or she is in, there is no action required.
Please look for additional information pertaining to the implementation of our Blended Learning Plan from Dr. Lloyd and the elementary principals in the very near future.
Showstoppers Photography has moved to an online school picture payment and ordering platform this year. The district has provided Showstoppers with email addresses which will be used to send Picture Day information directly to all families. Picture Day will be touch free. Students and staff will keep masks on until it is their turn for a picture. Showstopper representatives will wear masks all day. Elementary class pictures and the 6th grade group photo will be replaced with class composites.
French Creek's Picture Day will be on October 26th and 30th during the school day and from 3:15-5:00 PM for Cyber Academy students.
Retakes will be on December 1st and 3rd during the school day and from 3:15-5:00 PM for Cyber Academy students.
Parental Involvement & PTA
Parent involvement is essential to help promote our students’ learning. All parents, guardians, teachers, and staff are encouraged to become members of the PTA. If you have not done so already, please take a moment to visit and join our PTA webpage. This site offers parents the opportunity to sign up for email notifications and receive information related to upcoming special events in one convenient location. The site also offers parents the option to make online payments for PTA membership and PTA sponsored activities.
Please Stay Connected
You can also like us on Facebook and Instagram. We love to share all of the exciting things happening in our school and classrooms!
Virtual Halloween Parade
Lastly, please remember to take a picture of your child and then drop it into this shared Google folder. You will find a subfolder for each grade level. We will use the photos to create a virtual Halloween parade. As always, costumes must be "school appropriate".
2020-2021 PTA Reflections Contest
The theme for the 2020-2021 program year is I Matter Because....
Students should submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts no later than Monday, November 2nd.
Click here to register your child. Our French Creek Valley PTA local unit number is 00000748.
Click here for the entry form and rules. Please adhere to the acceptable file formats and also complete all entry requirements on the entry form.
Please contact Mrs. Samantha Horosky with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.