September 6, 2019
Northville's Heritage Festival Returns
Northville’s annual Heritage Festival Parade featuring NPS third graders will be held in downtown Northville on Friday, September 14 at 6:30 pm. Children and adults in need of Victorian era clothing are encouraged to look in the clothing exchange basket in the school’s lobby.
Also, the Northville Youth Assistance will be open to provide access to a lending closet on Saturday, September 7th from 10 am-noon and Tuesday, September 10th from 4-6pm. They are located at 303 W. Main St. in Northville. If you are unable to make the above day/time, please contact Amy Prevo at 248-344-1618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's S.O.R. Time!
PTA INVEST IN YOUR CHILD
Welcome Back Families!
Our Winchester PTA coordinates student enrichment activities and social events that enhance school life and bring together the Winchester Community. It is the volunteer energy from parents like you that make the Winchester PTA successful, so please consider the various opportunities to stay involved and show your support.
Building on last year’s initial success with online PTA enrollment (which simplifies payments and saves paper), please make your donation to Winchester PTA’s Invest in Your Child fundraiser and join the PTA at MemberHub. PTA members will receive a Winchester family directory!
Your donation through Invest in Your Child is critical in providing support for more than 20 programs and events at Winchester!
We also welcome your direct support through volunteering and participating in PTA meetings. For volunteering, please reach out to Jill Anton and Alex Keros to express interest. You will find our contact information and the latest PTA meeting schedule at the Winchester PTA website on the Get Involved tab. This year we plan to add Google Hangouts so you can participate in PTA meetings even if you can't be at the school!
Hope to see you Friday morning, September 6th, at Welcome Back Coffee and at the next PTA meeting on Wednesday, November 13th, at 7:00 p.m.
To donate to Invest in Your Child and to join the 2019-20 PTA, please visit: https://winchesterpta.memberhub.store/
Winchester PTA Volunteer Opportunities
We are seeking volunteers to lead the committees below:
• Junior Enrichment Series (JES) – Book assemblies funded by the PTA. We are looking for an Upper Elementary parent and a Lower Elementary parent to each work with teacher representatives and Mrs. Lindsay to identify speakers and presentations that enhance the curriculum and fit into the class schedule. Examples: Science Alive, Ann Arbor Hands On Museum, the Detroit Institute of Art. This committee offers a great way to interact with teachers and the principal!
• March is Reading Month (MiRM) – Support Winchester’s learning consultant, Mrs. Rush, in preparing for MiRM activities, including author visits and student rewards.
• Math Pentathlon – Teach the games to kids either at lunch or after-school (whatever fits your schedule). Games are split by grade level (2nd-3rd and 4th-5th), so sessions need to be separate.
Young Artist Program
Calling all girls interested in Winchester Girl Scouts!!
Please join us for an information meeting on Thursday September 19th at 6pm in the art room, C-16
If you can’t make the meeting but would like more information please contact Laura Paredes at email@example.com
2019 Fall Festival
The annual Winchester PTA Fall Festival will be on Friday, October 18th! We are seeking 6 volunteers to oversee the (1) Carnival Games, (2) Prizes, (3) Cake Walk, (4) Raffle, (5) Food, (6) Special Attractions. Please contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer on 10/18!
Parents At Lunch (PALS)
PAL is a PTA-sponsored program that provides support at lunch from 11:45 am -12:35 pm daily. This is a great opportunity to be present in school for your child, while providing valuable support for students and lunch staff.
Please consider volunteering!. You can sign up for lower or upper elementary lunchtimes or both and volunteer as often as you would like beginning September 16, 2019. IChat forms are required and they take some time to process, so please submit forms as soon as possible. The form is provided for your convenience. Look for the sign up genius link in next week's Winchester Weekly. Thank you!
Help Keep our Students Safe!
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP OF CHILDREN
In order to make the drop off and pick-up of children by car as safe as possible for our students, we ask that you follow these procedures:
Please do not drop your child off before 8:35 a.m. The first bell rings at 8:41 a.m.
Bus – For those eligible, riding a NPS bus is the most convenient and safest transportation option.
Drop Off Procedures:
- During arrival, please be sure to stay in the right hand lane and pull your vehicle all the way up in the “red zone.”
- Please do not maneuver between lanes as this creates a safety concern.
- When all the cars have pulled forward and stopped, please have your child prepared to exit your car with all of their belongings.
- Try to get your goodbye hugs and kisses in at home.
- ALL students should be dropped off at the same time. Please do not stop and drop each of your children off at a specific door.
- Students should be prepared to walk to their designated arrival location using the sidewalk in front of the school.
Please stay in your car at all times in the DROP-OFF ZONE.
Pick Up Procedures:
- Kindergarten parents are asked to park in the parking lot and walk up to the building to pick up your child from the teacher unless arrangements have been made to pick them up in the pick-up zone.
- If you are leaving your vehicle you must park in the parking lot.
- Our dismissal begins promptly at 3:45. In order for you to be in our MOVING carpool line and not in a stagnant line, please arrive no sooner than 3:45.
- Please stay in the right hand lane and pull all the way up in the “red zone” or Pick-Up Zone.
- The carpool lane will be released first.
For the Safety of our students, please remember to:
- Refrain from using your cell phone during Drop off and Pick up
- Use the cross walk at the main entrance when crossing.
- Turn left out of the parking lot.
- Save the handicapped spots for those who need them.