May 16, 2016
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7
GOAL Dessert Theatre Performance
Last Day of School
Medicaid Waivers and How to Sign Up
HCS (Home & Community Services) and CLASS (Community Living Assistance and Support Services) are the two largest "Medicaid waiver programs" in Texas. These and other programs let people with disabilities receive services in their homes and communities (not just in state schools, as it used to be). Your child will probably have thousands of other Texas kids with special needs ahead of him/her on these waiting lists--but hopefully, by the time he or she is reaching adulthood, you will be at the head of the line!
Putting your child's name on the "Interest Lists" may be the most important call you'll make all year! Below is what to do and what numbers to call. More detailed information (including numbers for outside of Tarrant County) is available in the office, call the school if you would like a form sent home with your student.
Here is what to do:
- Call this toll-free number to put your child's name on the interest list for the CLASS (Community Living Assistance and Support Services) program: 1-877-438-5658. This will reach the intake staff for CLASS (which also has Spanish-speaking staffers). CLASS and HCS offer similar services, and have similar waiting times--but it's good to be on both lists in case one or the other starts to move more quickly!
- For the HCS list if you live in Tarrant County, call 817-569-4140 to reach Kim Lambert, the main HCS program contact person at Tarrant County MHMR. Leave a message for her stating that you want to place your child's name on the HCS list. Be persistent. Call her again if you don't get a response within a day. If you need to, call the Tarrant County MHMR general number, 817-569-4000 and ask for "Kim Lambert or some other HCS program staff person".
Please make these calls soon! You may not think your child will ever need "outside" help, but family situations can change in the blink of an eye. Get on the lists now--to help your child in the future! In addition, many of our GOAL families and a few GOS families use funds from these programs to off set the cost of tuition.
No Graduation & Spring Fling this year
Green Oaks Summer Camp
GOAL Summer-Get Registered Today
Mark Your Calendars!
- GOAL Dessert Theatre Performance is Friday, May 20 at 6:30 pm.
- Last Day of School is Friday, May 27.
- Green Oaks will be closed the weeks of June 6 and July 4. GOAL will not operate these weeks.
- Green Oaks Summer Camp Week 1: June 20-24
- Green Oaks Summer Week 2: July 25-29
- Tentatively, our first day back to school for both GOS and GOAL is August 22.
"Our Special Heroes Golf Classic"
"Our Special Heroes Golf Classic". In addition to supporting ongoing programs for
DSPNT, proceeds from this year’s tournament will help support the fifth annual DSPNT “iCan Bike” camp.
The tournament is scheduled for June 6, 2016 at Texas Star Golf Course in Euless.
Registration will begin at 7:00 AM.
To sponsor or play, call the DSPNT at 817-390-2970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Our Prayers…
- Prayers for Ariel Galindo's grandma and Tobey Elliott, Haley's dad, for health concerns.
- Ongoing prayers for Nic Patterson and Adrian Martinez as they continue to fight leukemia.
- Praises we have both Nic and Adrian back part time.
We’d like to include your prayer concerns, too. Please call the office or submit them by email to email@example.com.
Green Oaks has a continual need for items (listed below). Green Oaks also continues to collect Box Tops, Labels for Education, and Coke Rewards. Please send these to school in a Ziploc bag.
White and color copy paper
Plastic forks, spoons, & knives
30 or 33 Gallon Trash Bags
White and color cardstock
These items are always needed and appreciated!