BAMS Staff Newsletter
February 7, 2016 - Volume 3, Issue 19
Be Awesome Today!!
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO & Goals
By June of 2016, 80% of students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade will show growth in their opinion writing rubric score from the September 2015 opinion writing rubric score.
***Mid-Year Update: 62% of our students showing growth. Grade levels noted that students have shown improvement in "citing and using evidence" in their writing. "Knowing the audience" was a skill that the data showed our students needed improvement in.***
- Have Patience and Courage
- Purposefully Use Learning Targets/Lesson Goals for Every Lesson
- Have Solution Based Discussions
- Be an Award Winning School - DPI School of Recognition/PBIS School of Merit
Driving Question for 2015-2016:
What have we changed with our instruction to prepare all our students for higher level thinking opportunities?
News and Notes
- FLC Principal interviews - The principal interviews last week went well. We may have found a nice fit to add to our district staff. I'll keep you posted if there is a hiring announcement.
- C/I interviews - Next week will be the interviews for our new Director of Curriculum and Instruction position. I'll keep you posted as we go through the process.
- Our data wall in the Team Room has been updated. Please take time to review our grade level and schoolwide data. All data is in the file cabinet and available for you to access.
- Details are still being finalized for our Inservice on February 19th. The AM will consist of 6-12 content area meetings and the PM will be open for you to use as you see fit. More information will be sent out soon.
- MS/HS Principal Convention - I apologize for any inconvenience with being gone for this convention. Everything will be set up in my absence. I will have access to email and you can call my cell phone if anything comes up.
- Don't forget about taking accurate daily attendance. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.
Out of the Office
- February 9 - Admin Meeting, 9-11am, DMR
- February 10-12 - Middle School Principal Convention, All Day, Wisconsin Dells
- February 16 - Admin Meeting, 9-11am, DMR
- February 16 - Regional Spelling Bee, noon-3pm, Oshkosh
- March 3 - District ELL Meeting, 7:45-9am, Cafe
Oriole Way - Be Ready, Be Respectful, Be Safe
Minor Behavior form link - here
Major Behavior form link - here
Why Do We Discipline? = To Maintain Safety, To Teach, and To Build Relationships
- A copy of our schoolwide behavior matrix is going to be mailed out to families this week. Based on our SAS results we felt as a staff that we needed to communicate more with our families regarding our PBIS framework. This is also a team goal of ours.
- NEXT Meeting - February 17th, 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
To Do List
- Complete Survey Analysis - CONTINUING Educators/Specialists - Due February 15th
- Complete Documentation Log - Due by May 15th
- Make 2 Professional Visits to Another Classroom - Due by End of Year
Click Here for a link to Teacher Effectiveness Info from CESA 6
Click Here for a Teacher Effectiveness Calendar for EDUCATORS/SPECIALISTS
Dates to Remember
- February 8 - Grade Level Data Digs - Team Time - DMR
- February 10 - 7th, 8th grade Band/Choir Field Trip 8:30am-2:30pm, MSO
- February 17 - Smiles for Life at BAMS
- February 17 - Staff Meeting 2:50-3:30pm
- February 18 - Curriculum Director Interviews, 4-8pm, DMR
- February 19 - District Inservice - no students
- February 22- Mid-Quarter Grades Due 3pm
- February 22 - PT Conferences 3pm-7pm
- February 22 - School Board Meeting 7pm
- February 24 - PT Conferences 3pm-6:30pm
- February 25 - 6th Grade Skating Field Trip
- February 26 - No School
- February 27 - Vocal Solo & Ensemble Grades 7-12, WLA
*See Google Doc titled "2015-2016 BAMS Yearly Calendar" for a look at events for the entire year.