By Molly Jessica Sara
- Scholarships, grants and awards are given to students for many reasons:
- Academic achievement
- Leadership potential
- Community involvement
- Financial needs
- And many more
- Earn exam credits by taking advanced courses in high school.
- Attend the publicly funded school where tuition is less.
- Complete your college degree early.
- Stay in state if possible.
- Stay close to home to cut housing expenses.
- Try to find a part time job near campus.
- Apply for work study.
- Save money for personal needs.
- Part time job.
- Work base learning programs like internships.
- Job shadowing.
- Volunteer work.
- Get experience in work that pertains to your major.
Choosing Your College
- Consider at all options.
- Look at community, private, and state colleges.
- Apply to several different colleges.
- Don't stress over your major.
- Look into what each college offers.
- Campus visits.
- Orientation days.
- Talk to professors and students.