News from 5th Grade
Mark your Calendars
2- GABIE Field Trip (in school)
1-10 Common Assessment #2 Math
6-17 Common Assessment #1 Science
8- Thanksgiving Lunch
10- Veteran's Day Program (9:15 AM)
10- Quest Medieval Times Field Trip
13- College Football Hall of Fame Field Trip
14- Dental Van @ PES
16- Progress Reports go home
20-24 Thanksgiving Break
27-Dec 8- Common Assessment #2 ELA, STAR Math & Reading
29- Informational Assesslets
Learning Targets & Helpful Websites
Info for Parents--
Games for kids--
Science: Chemical & Physical Changes
Social Studies: WWI and Post WWI America
Anchor Text - The Julian Chapter (680L)
Writing- Informational/ Explanatory
Grammar: commas, titles, sentences, dialects, affixes
Class Dojo can be accessed to review behavior and classroom updates. You can also send direct messages to teachers or view classroom announcements.
Use education galaxy to practice your math, ELA, science and social studies skills. Please have your student work under the "My Study Plan" section, as "Assignments" must be completed at school.
Student Shout Outs
- Shout out to all parents who attended our EAGLE graduation and participated with the drunk goggles! What an AWESOME experience for our children!!
- Shout out to our Tigers for completing the EAGLE program and graduating with a pledge to remain Drug Free! Our futures are bright!
- Homework is given weekly with daily due dates for us to go over in class
- Homework covers skills we have already taught in class
- 20 minutes of reading and completing the reading log is required daily
- Students who have not mastered their multiplication facts, will be given additional homework to assist in mastering these facts