Columbia Heights Public Schools
Aug. 26, 2021
Safe Return to School 2021-2022
- Academic Acceleration
- Mental Health Supports
- Family and Communty Engagement
- Facility Upgrades
Federal and State guidelines are urging schools to prioritze in-person learning. CHPS will continue to monitor case rates and make adjustments accordingly.
Continued requirements include:
- Federal law requires masks to be worn by everyone on school transportation.
- Schools are required to report all student and staff positive COVID-19 cases to the MInnesota Department of Health.
In alignment with recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health, beginning August 16, CHPS requires universal indoor mask wearing for all people (ages 3 years and older) in school settings including teachers, staff, students and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status. Other COVID-19 protocols include maintaining at least 3 feet of physical distancing whenever possible and sanitizing of surfaces.
Schools are communicating with students and families about details for the start of the school year.
Free COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Ages 12+ (Sponsored by Anoka County Human Services)
Tuesday, Sep. 7th, 2-5pm
1400 49th Avenue Northeast
Columbia Heights, MN
- No ID (identification) or insurance is required.
- The vaccine is free
- Pfizer vaccine is for ages 12 and over. Two shots are required.
- You should get your second shot of Pfizer vaccine 3 weeks after your first shot.
- Your second shot can be given through a different vaccine provider if you prefer.
Current Families- New Online Tool to Update Your Information
New this year: online tool replacing paper form!
Use this tool to make sure your information on file is up to date so you receive all school and district communication throughout the year.
Log in to ParentVUE to verify your address, emergency contacts, phone number, email & more.
Click Online Registration in the upper right-hand corner to begin this process.
Don’t have a ParentVUE account yet? Contact your school office for an activation key to get started.
Columbia Heights High School
North Park Elementary
Valley View Elementary
Hylanders in the News!
- North Park School for Innovation and the Bio-Digester https://www.startribune.com/with-new-biodigester-students-in-columbia-heights-schools-get-lessons-on-sustainability/600087733/
- Change to Chill program with Allina featuring CHHS student Amara Thompson https://www.allinahealth.org/allina-news/2021/08/dealing-with-back-to-school-anxiety
- CA Staffperson Moe Kayongo discussing his life and involvement with a boxing club and at CA https://sahanjournal.com/sports/moe-kayongo-kids-northside-boxing-club-minneapolis/
Fall Activities Registration is OPEN!
Sports Physical for Fall Activities
Every athlete participating in school-year sports must have a physical on file with the Activities Office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. Download the form now.
We invite you to register for Fall Activities! We have teams and activities to fit your interest and level of experience. Get involved and stay connected!
August 16th Start (registration is closing soon!):
9-12th grade: Football - Soccer - Girls Volleyball
7-12th grade: Girls Tennis - Girls Swim & Dive
6-8th grade: Football
7th-12th grade: Adapted Soccer (9/8/21)
6th-12th grade: Robotics (9/9/21)
6th-8th grade: Girls Volleyball - Soccer (9/13/21)
Upcoming Home Games
Friday, August 27-
5:30pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. Nova Classical Academy @ Columbia Heights High School Stadium
Tuesday, August 31
4:00pm Soccer: Girls JV Game vs. Irondale @ CHHS Stadium
4:00pm Tennis: Girls Varsity Match vs. St. Paul Humboldt @ CHHS Tennis Court
6:00pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. Irondale @ CHHS Stadium
Wednesday, September 1
4:15pm Football: JV Game vs. Fridley High School @ CHHS Stadium
Thursday, September 2
4:30pm Volleyball: Girls C Match vs. Richfield @ CHHS Gym
4:30pm Volleyball: Girls JV Match vs. Richfield @ CHHS Gym
5:00pm Soccer: Boys Varsity Game vs. Richfield @ CHHS Stadium
6:00pm Volleyball: Girls Varsity Match vs. Richfield @ CHHS Gym
7:00pm Soccer: Girls Varsity Game vs. Richfield @ CHHS Stadium
Athletics Calendar: https://trimetro.org/public/genie/5/school/3737/
Streaming Link for Home Volleyball, Football, and Soccer Games:
More information can be found at:
https://www.colheights.k12.mn.us/activities or contact the Activities Office at 763-528-4511
School Backpack Distribution with the CH Police
Thursday, Sep. 2nd, 3:30-6pm
530 Mill Street Northeast
Columbia Heights, MN
Find irresistible employment at Columbia Heights Public Schools!
All meals in CHPS are free for all students during the 2021-2022 school year! Please still complete the Educational Benefits Application which provides additional benefits for families and helps the District provide vital programs!
Application for Educational Benefits
Columbia Heights Public Schools offers educational benefits to qualifying families – including free and reduced-price meals – which can help both your family and your school! Though all meals are free for all students during the 2021-2022 school year, it is still very important for all families to complete this Education Benefits application as families receive additional benefits listed below and it is critically important for District funding that supports student programs.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is allowing schools to provide all meals to all students at no cost to families for the 2021-2022 school year.
Applications are not required to receive this free meal benefit, but families should still complete this application to receive other benefits, including:
· Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), a federal temporary emergency nutrition benefit for families to purchase food.
· Reduced fees for activities, early childhood programming, college applications and more!
· Compensatory funds for the District to reduce class sizes, provide counseling and social work services and more.
· Title 1 funds for academic support.
· and more!