Finley-Oates Elementary School
February 24, 2020-February 28, 2020
- All classes begin at 7:40 am.
- Dismissal for Kindergarten and First Grade is 3:05 pm.
- Dismissal for Second and Third Grades is 3:15 pm.
- Anyone picking up a student before 2:50 must bring a valid government-issued photo ID (ex: driver's license).
Please be considerate when dropping off or picking up your student by not parking in our marked Handicapped Parking spaces unless you have a valid tag or sticker.
Thank you for your cooperation!
- Parents may drop-off on the west side of the building, or go through the drive on the north side.
- Please do not drop students off at the front doors (east side). Parents must walk students in if entering from the front.
What does respect look like?
Think about something that you and your youngster disagree on (say, whether his video game time should be limited). Model having a respectful discussion about it. You might say that his brain and body are growing and that he needs to run and play to stay healthy. Then, suggest a respectful response, such as, "I want to be healthy, but I love video games." Have him brainstorm other situations where people have different opinions but still speak to each other with respect.
When you mow the lawn or clean up after your dog, you can teach your child about respect for neighbors. Explain that keeping your neighborhood clean and neat makes it nice for everyone. Ask him to think of other respectful things neighbors should do. If you share an apartment laundry room, he might say that you respect neighbors' time by removing your clothes when they're done so others get to use the washers and dryers.
Home & School Connection Newsletter
©2019 Resources for Educators, a division of CCH Incorporated
Texas Reads One Book
All students will receive a free copy of The Lemonade Crime by Jaqueline Davies!
Six Flags Read to Succeed has gone electronic!
Log six or more hours to earn a FREE ticket to Six Flags Over Texas!
Parents can register for Read to Succeed using the details below:
- Register your child at sixflags.com/books using code YVU8Z.
- By April 17th, complete the online reading log for your child.
- Expect a Six Flags Over Texas ticket for your child in May!
Scan the QR Code above to go to our website!
The Bonham Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs. Inquiries related to the policies of the Bonham Independent School District should be directed to: Superintendent, Bonham ISD, P.O. Box 490, Bonham, Texas 75418. Telephone number is 903-583-5526, extension 1100.