Friday Flight Plan
August 27, 2021
- Monday, August 30th - ESL Family Night from 5:30-7:00 pm in the CGIS Cafe
- Tuesday, August 31st - Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts Informational Meeting in the CGIS Cafe from 6:30 to 7:30 pm
- Monday, September 6th - No School - Labor Day
All CGIS events can be accessed via our school website!
- CGIS teachers will be sending home the TN Ready Home Reports on Friday, August 27th. Please look for your student's test scores in their Friday Folders this week.
- Early Checkout - At the end of each school day, the latest a parent or guardian can check out a student is 2:25 pm. Please make sure you are at the school prior to 2:25 pm in order to accommodate your request.
- Checkout more important information in our student handbook! https://cgis.maryville-schools.org/parents-students/student-handbook
Tech Reminder for Parents
- Canvas - Create your own Canvas account and see daily assignments and class content
- PowerSchool - Use the account you created and used for Data Verification to view student grades and attendance. This can be done through the website or through the App.
- AR & Star Tests - Request an email each time your child takes an AR or Star test.
CGIS Tennis Club Information
If your student is interested in participating in the CGIS Tennis Club, please read through the attached form and follow all the detailed instructions within the document.
Cub Scout & Boy Scout Informational Material for August 31st 6:30 pm Meeting at CGIS Cafe
Breakfast Study Club
The CGIS Breakfast Study Club officially opened on August 16th!
A Note from Officer Hall
CGIS Coronavirus Weekly Update
We have made the decision at CGIS to provide information below weekly so each family can know our school wide status and can make the best informed decisions for your children/students as we move through the school year. It is our hope to be transparent with the information we have but at the same time, prioritize our students' need to be educated, connect with one another and support their social and emotional needs as well as depend upon health care providers for health care decisions of staff and students. For more information, refer to MCS District COVID update at the following link: https://www.maryville-schools.org/central-office/coordinated-school-health/2021-22-covid-19
Here is the schoolwide information specific to CGIS for this week:
· Number of reported positive CGIS student cases this week- 6
· Number of reported positive student cases in school at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other CGIS students and staff due to close contact tracing (outside of household contacts) - 0
· Number of positive staff cases at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other students or staff due to close contact tracing- 0
Clusters identified (two or more students or staff members in one class) and communicated this week- 1- Mrs. Raulston's HR in 4th grade with two student positives
We are grateful for your support and will certainly be responsive and include more information if there are identified clusters or upticks in our cases at CGIS.
Dr. Ramona Best, Principal
Dr. Best's Launch into the weekend
Our students are shining brightly and we are getting into the groove of our new school year together. Let's continue to build our connectedness this year. Continue to encourage your children/our students to share their needs and any issues that might occur with our staff. We want to know.
Our theme this year is "shine" and I'm providing Shine Challenges to staff and students each week. Next week's shine challenge for you, as parents and guardians, is to make sure you check out and refresh your memory on the various programs that we utilize to keep you informed about your student's progress. The information and list is in another portion of this newsletter but the link is here for your convenience as well. https://cgis.maryville-schools.org/parents-students/tech-support
Always grateful for your partnership,