Josiah Haynes Elementary School
January 2, 2022
As we begin a new year together, we return from a break that for many of us was impacted, directly or otherwise, by COVID-19. The last two weeks have highlighted the need for thoughtful actions to assure that we can safely open and keep open our school in 2022. Please read on for information related to our return to school on Monday, January 3.
DELAYED START MONDAY
School reopens Monday with a two-hour delayed start. Arrival begins at 9:45 a.m., and students should be in school by 9:55 a.m. Please plan for bus/van arrival two hours later than regularly scheduled. Our lunch schedule will remain the same. There will be no snack except for grades 3 and 5, who will have snack at their regular times.
POOL TESTING MOVES TO MONDAY THIS WEEK
Sudbury will move pool testing to Monday this week at all our schools. This will allow for a more timely report on the status of all our pool participants. We will then test members of any pools testing positive to identify the positive case.
SIGN UP FOR POOL TESTING
If you're not currently participating in weekly pool testing, please reconsider and sign up today. Our weekly testing is quick—it only takes 30 seconds out of the week—and supports the overall health of our community and allows us to stay open. Click here to sign up.
UPLOAD YOUR CHILD(REN)'S VACCINATION RECORD
If you haven't already, use this link to submit your child(ren)'s COVID-19 vaccination record. This information will be maintained confidentially as is all of your child(ren)'s personal and medical information.
WHAT WE'RE DOING IN THE NEW YEAR
At Haynes and across SPS, we're taking additional steps to keep everyone healthy and safe. These include:
- Assuring students' minimal distance from one another (three or more feet) at their individual seats.
- Limiting small group work except for when teachers can monitor and assure distancing between students.
- Providing state-issued COVID tests and KN-95 masks for all staff members.
- Continuing weekly pool testing for staff and students.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
The following actions will go far in supporting the health of our school community:
- Stay home when you are sick (with COVID or otherwise) or identified as a close contact.
- Report any COVID cases in your home to the Haynes School Health Office.
- Participate in pool testing.
Wishing everyone good health and peace as we start our new year together!