Band Notes: Week 26
A Note From Your Directors
Friday's AB solo contest went very well and we are incredibly proud of all who performed! To those who were out with the flu or strep, we hope you are feeling better! The make up date for that is April 11th.
This week's newsletter is a little lengthy please make sure you read to the bottom. Highlights include, altered sectional schedule, UIL contest info sheet, and Kiss-O-Gram fundraiser donations.
As always, if you have any additional questions then please reach out.
-Mr. Wood, Ms. Hoffman, & Mr. Seymour
AB Sectionals and Google Classroom
- We still have our mandatory guest clinician rehearsal on Tuesday, February 5th.
In addition, during Week 27 Mr. Wood and Ms. Hoffman will be out on Thursday for the Texas Music Educators Association Convention. Please take a close look at what the schedule is for your student.
UIL Contest Season Info
- The spring semester is, in many ways, considered "in-season" for band. Our UIL band competition is in the spring and with that comes many important dates to note. ex- grade eligibility, after school clinics, concerts. All of the events have been on the calendar since August but we have compiled an info sheet of details regarding our UIL season.
- ALL Honor and Symphonic band members are required to be at every event listed. Should a conflict arise, please contact your student's director ASAP.
- The UIL competition is the STAAR test for band.
- To access the info sheet please click HERE.
Valentine's Day Kiss-O-Grams: Hershey Kisses
- Our annual fundraiser of Kiss-O-Grams has officially been kicked off and we need YOUR help!
- Every year, Staley Band sells hershey kiss filled bags during lunches to be delivered on Valentine's Day. This is where we need your help!
- We would like for every band student to bring in a couple bags of Original Hershey Kisses. We go through about 33,000 hershey kisses every year! (We can only accept original hershey kisses due to allergy concerns)
- For every bag of Original Hershey Kisses students will earn 3 bonus stickers on their sticker chart and 2 mustang bucks!
- For more information about Kiss-O-Grams click HERE.
Private Lessons Info Form
Just as there are private lessons for sports, there are also private lessons for band!
Please fill out this Google Form by clicking HERE so we may better serve our students for private lessons. Private lessons do not just serve as additional "tutorials" for students who need help but ALSO as a Pre-AP-like enrichment for those students who need/want the additional challenge on their instrument.
The private lessons are taught by professionals on these instruments. All of the instructors are FISD approved instructors and have gone through the necessary background checks to be able to work with our students.
Private lessons are $20 per week and there is financial assistance available to those who qualify. We do not want money to be a reason a hard-working student is not enrolled in private lessons.
Should you have more questions, please reply to this email after you have filled out the form.
- Feb 5: Symphonic Band/Honor Band Clinic with a guest Clinician (Required Event)
- Feb 21: *Mod Pizza Spirit Night*
- Feb 22: Band Luau
*If you read to the bottom then please reply to this email with your student's name and they will earn 4 bonus stickers.**